How Filipinas choose a mate

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Let me guess, she smiled when you said you had 8 inches and she laughed when she looked and you said "Yes that IS 8 inches" :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

Its always good to have a sense of humor to laugh and help others to laugh.  Unfortunately many filipinas do not "get" the jokes other foreigners tell so they often laugh out of politeness.  

BOOM,

And i thought all this time it was love, i shall start divorce proceeding straight away, see if that makes her laugh

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 3/3/2017 at 1:06 AM, Jake said:

Hmm.....I think for the most part, the title should be -- How the young Filipinas choose mates.  I figured I got another 15 years before I kick the bucket.  If I was to become single and available again, it would be on my terms.  No more marriages, no more emotional baggages, no more over acting (OA).  

Unnecessary stress is a silent killer, especially when you have other medical complications.  With a warm companion by my side, watching the sunset as well as the sunrise.  If that doesn't work out, there are endless sunset and sunrise to enjoy the rest of your life.  Being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely.  

A good point Jake, it is really a matter of doing your best to ensure you have the right sort of partner.  Like all over the world, there are good and bad Filipino women - my view is there are more good than bad!

But it is the 'bad' that get the majority of publicity or exposure!  After 5 years I am as confident as I can be that I have a 'good' indeed 'very good' and I know many more members here have the same experience.  What a wonderful experience it is and I have never been happier in my life.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm just guessing but I'm willing to bet that not all Filipinas marry a foreigner to go and live in their country. 

That would be one option but not the main one or the only one. 

Many just want the security that a foreigner with a fixed income can give them.  I've seen it. 

Many have children and just want financial support and a roof over their head.

Some may even have a Filipino boy friend that they pretend to be a brother.

Some marry an elderly gent who may not be in the best of health and drain him of his money a little at a time.

Many who marry sick old men fail to care for them when they need it the most. Like when they end up in a hospital. My wife is a retired RN and she has many such stories. Sad, but true.

P.S. OOPS, there I go. Being negative,again.  Sorry.

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

P.S. OOPS, there I go. Being negative,again.  Sorry.

Well its a start.  At least you are positive that you are being negative :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

We all have negative experiences.  We all want to share them with other members in hopes they will learn from our mistakes, or at least be entertained as they think to themselves (that would never happen to me :popcorn: )

But most of us have found some great things about being an expat in Philippines and we want to share those great things too.  Now its possible nothing nice has ever happened to you in Philippines so you have no positive experiences to share.  Its possible you just enjoy life more by being negative.  But I wonder if it is because you love it here so much you are trying to discourage anyone else from coming here so that there are fewer foreigners to share all the wondrous positive experiences here :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Just read this topic for the first time.

There are so many twists and turns here, we could hold a Filipino Grand Prix, or is that Pricks! :89:

Women are the same the whole world over, just like men there are good and bad.

But I still say, you don't really know someone, till you marry/ live with them.

Be true to yourself, if it don't feel right, then don't do it. just my two cent's :tiphat:

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Just read this topic for the first time.

There are so many twists and turns here, we could hold a Filipino Grand Prix, or is that Pricks! :89:

But I still say, you don't really know someone, till you marry/ live with them.

Be true to yourself, if it don't feel right, then don't do it. just my two cent's :tiphat:

Unfortunately Kuya, for some expats -- if it doesn't feel right, then all you have are a couple centavos....he, he. 

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Truth be known, i know Emma chose and married me because she loves me , simple as that, and i love her too. ps, i still make her laugh

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

ps, i still make her laugh

Steve me ole mate, you still make us All  Larf :thumbsup:

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Domino22
Posted
Posted
On 3/2/2017 at 0:06 PM, Jake said:

Hmm.....I think for the most part, the title should be -- How the young Filipinas choose mates.  I figured I got another 15 years before I kick the bucket.  If I was to become single and available again, it would be on my terms.  No more marriages, no more emotional baggages, no more over acting (OA).  

Unnecessary stress is a silent killer, especially when you have other medical complications.  With a warm companion by my side, watching the sunset as well as the sunrise.  If that doesn't work out, there are endless sunset and sunrise to enjoy the rest of your life.  Being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely.  

Here Here!! I have never been married and do not plan on it. Well as of a few years ago. Went thru a 3.5 year fiancee' nightmare and $50,000 on the one I wanted. Came down to me getting into an argument at the US embassy in Bogota' with a "employee" and I won and got her a visa to the states. Visa delivered - plane ticket bought - and the night before she was going to fly to Texas she called me and said she was not coming !! Now that is the short story. So after that I have a different look on life and will only focus on my happiness and pee on the rest of the world so to speak. Not meant to be mean or direct that thought on anyone or a group. But I got burned, on a side note part of the $50g I spent was some really good putang in Aruba all over Colombia and Central America and many nights in Bogota'. Dang she was smoking hot in all way's. She is still in Colombia and I was played but I also had the time of my life. Would I do it again Hell Ya but I am smarter now and would use that to my advantage maybe drop the price down to $5,000.00 So that said I re-focused my life saved my money and will retire in the Philippines at age 58 and single. My assets will remain in the states. I am looking forward to the Filipina who chooses me, game on!

• Like 5