U.S. Passport Renewal

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

U.S. Passport expires in July this year and have travel plans so need new passport to comply with the 6 months remaining requirement the Philippines and other countries have.

Maybe in other countries but the Philippines does not require 6 months remaining anymore for those from the countries listed..

Note: The passport shall have at least six months’ validity beyond intended stay, unless the alien belongs to a non-visa required country who may be admitted into the Philippines with less than six months’ valid passports upon arrival and whose embassies/consulate extend or renew their passports in the Philippines.

Pursuant to Operations Order No. SBM-2015-026, nationals of the following countries may be admitted into the Philippines with passports of less than six (6) months validity from date of arrival:

1. Angola                                    22. Korea

2. Argentina                                23. Kuwait

3. Australia                                 24. Laos

4. Austria                                   25. Mexico

5. Belgium                                  26. Myanmar

6. Benin                                     27. Netherlands

7. Brazil                                     28. New Zealand

8. Cambodia                               29. Niger

9. Canada                                  30. Papua New Guinea

10. Chile                                    31. Peru

11. Cyprus                                 32. Portugal

12. Ecuador                                33. Romania

13. France                                  34. Saudi Arabia

14. Germany                              35. Singapore

15. Greece                                 36. Spain

16. Iceland                                 37. Switzerland

17. Indonesia                             38. Thailand

18. Ireland                                 39. Turkey

19. Israel                                   40. United States of America

20. Italy                                     41. Venezuela

21. Japan

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/travel-req

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Pursuant to Operations Order No. SBM-2015-026, nationals of the following countries may be admitted into the Philippines with passports of less than six (6) months validity from date of arrival:

I highlighted the key word there. I was not aware of this and BI officers I have talked to all said 6 months remaining is a requirement. US Passport holders may be admitted with less than 6 months remaining and a BI officer at the airport may not let you in the country. Now with 10 years on my passport again, at least I know that won't be a problem for me.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Glad to see the time frame. I need to renew mine before November.  I have to get my 13a renewed first, in June... hope it is no problem having them stamp the new passport... 

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
On 03/02/2017 at 2:24 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Note: The passport shall have at least six months’ validity beyond intended stay, unless the alien belongs to a non-visa required country who may be admitted into the Philippines with less than six months’ valid passports upon arrival and whose embassies/consulate extend or renew their passports in the Philippines.

I note the UK is conspicuously absent from this list. Presumably because the FCO has ceased renewing passports at British consulates.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just got an email from the US Embassy. They will be here in Iloilo on 17MAR2017 and I can apply for my new passport then. That is convenient.  :tiphat:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
snowridr
Posted
Posted

Get the bigger size passport book.  I got the regular size and wish I had gotten the bigger one In less than one year of active use I have used a few pages (My Philippine visa uses 2 pages, the one timeChinese visa sucked up a whole page)  plus a bunch of stamps makes me think I will run out of usable space a lot sooner than 10 years!

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, snowridr said:

Get the bigger size passport book.  I got the regular size and wish I had gotten the bigger one In less than one year of active use I have used a few pages (My Philippine visa uses 2 pages, the one timeChinese visa sucked up a whole page)  plus a bunch of stamps makes me think I will run out of usable space a lot sooner than 10 years!

There was a notice from U.S. passport service a few years ago that said that the smaller one would no longer be issued.  I'm not sure if that every became strict policy.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

There was a notice from U.S. passport service a few years ago that said that the smaller one would no longer be issued.  I'm not sure if that every became strict policy.

Both the fewer and extra page passports are available. There is a box to check on the application if you want an extra page version. They do this for no extra charge as long as the books are available at the time of your request. The supplemental add-in pages is what they no longer issue anymore. Once your passport is full you need another.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think I will get the more pages passport before I return. My old passport has years and pages left but it was regular size and the occasional mistake and correction taking up an entire page, careless stamps that take up more room than necessary has me thinking I should have got the more pages in the first place.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1