Important reasons why not to remarry. Can you mention some?

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, lyno 47 said:

There is a very old saying that a man is not complete until he is married and then he is FINISHED.

Especially if she has a yacht!:shades: 

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, lyno 47 said:

There is a very old saying that a man is not complete until he is married and then he is FINISHED.

Lyno!  It's been awhile.....how's everything hanging?  

• Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jake said:

Important reasons why not to remarry......

OK, here's the other side of the coin.  I'm still in love with my wife Judy, approaching 32 years of marriage this coming June.  Yeah, I know....miracles still happen in my life.  It has been an emotional roller coaster but what a ride!

If I was in the position to remarry again, that means I just got divorced.  Which means I will only have a few centavos to my name after the CA divorce court clean my socks out.  I will probably come back to PI alone and lonely and wearing just my socks.  I'm hoping the Duma gang will accept me in their circle jerk and continue to respect me in the morning. 

Where's my doghouse Jack P?

Jake,

I along with I'm sure many others join you in still being in love with our wives. It is difficult at times as it was meant to be. For those of us that have been married many years we have received much more than we can put into words. Learned much more of life's lessons than we could have in any other way. We have had out of necessity learned to be good forgivers as have our wives. Marriage is in a sense political science of the heart and ends up teaching us that in many cases we married an angel in disguise.

That is certainly true in my life of just over 14 years of marriage to my Filipina wife. Here, I will borrow the world of someone that married a woman as wonderful as mine:

"I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me."

If I were to loose my wife, the only way would be through death and not separation or divorce. In that event I would have no further purpose of remaining here behind or desire to do so. It would be quite impossible to find someone to take her place and I'd have no interest in trying to do so.

I thank my lucky stars everyday for her and often wonder what I ever did for God to take such notice of me, that he would send true angel as an companion to share my days in these islands as we raise our children..

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jake said:

Where's my doghouse Jack P?

Doghouse.png

• Like 2