South China Sea war?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jake said:

:hystery: Scratching Head.jpg Hmmmmmmmmmm No words. OH Well lets try again.:smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Just because I felt the need ha ha

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jake said:

.  As a Filipino, I think in the long run it would be a lot safer that I'm protected by the Duma gang because of the endless cold San Magoo and the locals are still friendly.....he, he.

:hystery:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/5/2017 at 10:58 AM, jpbago said:

If any place, Subic Bay would be the target. Start and finish.

A few days ago, I started to write some of the things Jake said, but got distracted.  The bottom line is, if Subic Bay comes into play in some type of conflict, it would be a small part of a much bigger global problem, so I am not going to worry about it.

However, the reality is, Subic now does not have much here to attack.  A couple of ex-U.S. coast guard cutters.  The PH air force is supposed to move here but who knows when.  There is quite a bit of fuel storage that would make a big bang and hurt the Philippines in general.  Again, if it came to this, the world has a big problem to solve.  This would not be like sending a cruise missile into some target in the middle east and saying "just another day".

If U.S. ships are involved in a conflict in S. China sea, I don't know if they would be allowed to use Subic unless they are protecting PH.  Not sure if Duterte would go for that.  If U.S. ships did use Subic as a base, it would also be very well protected.  

Nimitz class carriers would probably never port here during conflict.  I think they are supplied at sea.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was going to post similar to above. Subic wouldn't be much of a target unless somebody stockpiled material and ordinance there.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

What Jack said. In the long run we're all dead.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Reboot said:

What Jack said. In the long run we're all dead.

what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg :89: makes you think though EH?

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I don't think firing missiles into the China Sea only 300km from Japan is propaganda - IMO, he is itching for a fight, especially with Sth. Korea and we all know that will then involve US.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

IMO, he is itching for a fight, especially with Sth. Korea and we all know that will then involve US.

Everyone I would imagine, best get "Bettsy" out and get her serviced  Bi Plane Bettsy.jpg:smile: you never know when needed so best prepare :thumbsup:

• Like 4