South China Sea war?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Reboot said:

What Jack said. In the long run we're all dead.

That's negative thinking.

OOPS !!!!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I don't think firing missiles into the China Sea only 300km from Japan is propaganda - IMO, he is itching for a fight, especially with Sth. Korea and we all know that will then involve US.

I think KJU needs to order a case of Preparation H.  I believe all dictators are paranoid, even within their own inner circle. Remember he executed his own uncle with an anti-air projectile.  He's a sociopath, psychopath and egotistical maniac with a very bad hair do.  

No telling what he will do.  Unfortunately, our current ROE (rules of engagement) means we take the 2nd shot after he launches salvos of missiles and artillery.  DMZ will be vaporized along with the city of Seoul, South Korea.  This is just the first few minutes.  Whether or not China is involved using KJU to divert attention from the real motivation of China remains to be seen.  As in the case of all wars (including biblical wars), China wants more real estate but it's gonna cost her dearly if they want all of South China Sea.  

This world is coming apart when you have more maniacs ready to push that "button".......

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 3/4/2017 at 8:02 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Judging from the "fall out" after the Fukushima disaster I would suggest that the fall out from any North Korean disaster would blow east towards the west coast of Canada and US so we should be OK here. (crosses fingers)

So would the US as long as Jake got away

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

I think KJU needs to order a case of Preparation H.  I believe all dictators are paranoid, even within their own inner circle. Remember he executed his own uncle with an anti-air projectile.  He's a sociopath, psychopath and egotistical maniac with a very bad hair do.  

No telling what he will do.  Unfortunately, our current ROE (rules of engagement) means we take the 2nd shot after he launches salvos of missiles and artillery.  DMZ will be vaporized along with the city of Seoul, South Korea.  This is just the first few minutes.  Whether or not China is involved using KJU to divert attention from the real motivation of China remains to be seen.  As in the case of all wars (including biblical wars), China wants more real estate but it's gonna cost her dearly if they want all of South China Sea.  

This world is coming apart when you have more maniacs ready to push that "button".......

:pow:Jake this is what I've been preaching of years.  We need to upgrade our nukes (The Donald agrees) we do have a problem disposing of our old nukes.  And here is Kim a lifesaver giving us a place to deposit our obsolete nukes while showing the Chinese that our new ones will be even better.  We will have to wait for a good westerly wind though so the fallout will go to the Bering sea or just south.  Think giant salmon some with two heads so they can eat twice as much.  The USA can help solve world hunger, Chinese imperialism, North Korean poverty and Utah's worry about nuke storage.

:Caught:You just have to look at the bright side.....Jake even better they have to draft the women and children ahead of us.

We just need to give war a  chance.  we may have a few of our 3000 nukes left so is Trump is dead set on rejuvenating all of them we will need so other scapego    I mean mortal enemies to use the  rest on.  Let's see Iran Syria Somalia France.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated, Jake, we have plenty to share.  

:56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I don't think firing missiles into the China Sea only 300km from Japan is propaganda - IMO, he is itching for a fight, especially with Sth. Korea and we all know that will then involve US.

Kim has to know that starting a fight is suicide for him. He won't survive. This is saber rattling, nothing more.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

I would first point this out to the OP, I moved from California to PI's exactly one year ago this month.  Why?  Because as a former intel analyst, I could forecast a lot of instability within the US during 2017.  Now it looks like that cold civil war between deep state factions may go hot.  The current climate (economic, political and social) in the US isn't one I'd want to raise a family.  Unless President Trump is able to MAGA, I won't even consider moving back to the US.

Now as far as NK is concerned, if I were President Trump, I would tell China two things.

1. Go pound sand in regards to the US deploying THAAD systems to our allies in region.  It's defensive and China's own fault for allowing their attack dog the Norks to act so aggressively.
  2. Any attack by NK upon any US ally in East Asia would be considered in attack by China and the US would respond accordingly.

NK doesn't do anything without China's approval.  I guarantee you China will back down because they are looking like the schoolyard bully in world opinion right now.  China is testing President Trump's resolve.  I guarantee you his advisers are telling him that China is really a paper tiger and on the verge of an economic collapse much like Brazil and Venezuela.  China has been desperately trying to keep this a secret, hence their currency manipulation.

If Duterte were smarter, he would've waited until after the US elections before making any decisions regarding China.  He gave away a big bargaining chip in the UNCLOS court decision.  He did an Obama, Bush and Clinton move by selling out his own citizens future to another country.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, ITGeek said:

I would first point this out to the OP, I moved from California to PI's exactly one year ago this month.  Why?  Because as a former intel analyst, I could forecast a lot of instability within the US during 2017.  Now it looks like that cold civil war between deep state factions may go hot.  The current climate (economic, political and social) in the US isn't one I'd want to raise a family.  Unless President Trump is able to MAGA, I won't even consider moving back to the US.

Now as far as NK is concerned, if I were President Trump, I would tell China two things.

1. Go pound sand in regards to the US deploying THAAD systems to our allies in region.  It's defensive and China's own fault for allowing their attack dog the Norks to act so aggressively.
  2. Any attack by NK upon any US ally in East Asia would be considered in attack by China and the US would respond accordingly.

NK doesn't do anything without China's approval.  I guarantee you China will back down because they are looking like the schoolyard bully in world opinion right now.  China is testing President Trump's resolve.  I guarantee you his advisers are telling him that China is really a paper tiger and on the verge of an economic collapse much like Brazil and Venezuela.  China has been desperately trying to keep this a secret, hence their currency manipulation.

If Duterte were smarter, he would've waited until after the US elections before making any decisions regarding China.  He gave away a big bargaining chip in the UNCLOS court decision.  He did an Obama, Bush and Clinton move by selling out his own citizens future to another country.

My dear analyst friend, you are right in many regards. The US is not monolithic however, and there are still pockets where it's kind of OK to raise kids.

As for China, it's period of high speed growth is behind it. It has passed its Lewis Turning Point and and be caught in the Middle Income Trap. Japan transitioned successfully. But China is much more fragile than Japan was from a social fabric standpoint. Slow growth, income disparities, corruption...it could get very ugly over the next few years. It will be interesting to watch.

You are right that NK answers to China in many regards and this may be another case of it, but it will backfire. The Japanese are moving towards a more normal defensive posture after many many decades, and they are wealthy enough to be a serious deterrent to China's ambition if they so choose. These actions will only serve spur Japan to arm. It will also help draw Japan and other nations in the region together towards greater mutual self-defense in a NATO like manner.

The big danger in my view is China doing something very rash in its near abroad to draw attention of a restive population from its internal problems. This could be very very dangerous.

I still stick with my view that the NK rulers are essentially rational: They want to stay in power. They will make noises to make sure everyone knows they are dangerous but not anything that could bring action that will dislodge them from their fat wealthy positions in a virtual fiefdom.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2017 at 8:49 AM, Gerald Glatt said:

:pow:Jake this is what I've been preaching of years.  We need to upgrade our nukes...... 

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, Jake, we have plenty to share.  

I know Gerald (a warrior who jumps out of a perfectly good C-130) that you have a very big tongue in cheek and your satire is a bullseye.  However, my feelings now about weapons of mass destruction, scares the chit out of me.  I once held a position on board a nuclear missile cruiser that deals with the launching sequence of these special warheads.  It was called PRP -- personnel reliability program.  The question was -- can you be trusted to push that button, given the lawful orders of higher authorities.  My question today would be, can higher authorities be trusted?   

All the superpowers have inventory of special warheads that would kill ALL of Mother Earth at least 10 times over. Don't forget the BC of NBC (nuclear, biological and chemical) are also stockpiled and probably leaking over the years. Just like the spent nuclear fuel rods buried deep in caves and ocean -- one of these days, the chemical and biological containers (thousands of them) will be exposed.

Did I mention wannabe dictators and terrorists can also have these weapons being sold in the underground lucrative weapons market.  Whether it's called saber rattling or tweeter war, I have already practiced bending over and kissing my ass goodbye.  Although at my decrepit old age, I need someone else to kiss my pwet....he, he.  

Many of us have grandchildren.  What is their future?  Let's face it.....WE certainly pucked it up for them.

Respectfully Jake, stuck at 90 degrees position.  

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 3/7/2017 at 8:18 AM, Gerald Glatt said:

So would the US as long as Jake got away

If you guys Google Earth with the latest satellite imagery, you would quickly find my location in southern California.  It's that green, glowing gas heading west towards Los Angeles.  My wife Judy would rapid fire the P word and banish me to my doghouse.  

That's funny, what happen to all the dogs?  

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jake said:

That's funny, what happen to all the dogs?  

Gone to ranchers everyone (most in NK)

Who was it gthat said WW III would be fought with  nukes

WW IV  with rocks and sticks

• Like 2