Throw away ticket

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

It does not have to be a round trip ticket, just an exit ticket

Yep and it frustrates me that this information has been discussed for years here and other forums but still its like new information for some. :hello:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

IMHO it's always best to have a hard copy of your booking.

Have flown Perth-Cebu via Singapore 5 or 6 times and as you have to change planes in Singapore have always been asked for a hard copy of my exit ticket or they would not give me my boarding pass for the onward flight, never been asked for exit ticket at Cebu B.I. You can get an exit ticket for 1500 pesos, sometimes as little as 800 pesos,who needs all the drama for 40 odd AUS $.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I sit and Wonder if a Round Trip is the way to book given the cost of a One way + the onward

Just a thought :smile:

Then & I can imagine someone in BI is giving this some thought, what would happen if they started asking for your onward at extension time. I mean, we are supposed to have an onward at all times according to how you read the Rules.

Until you obtain a residency, you are always a Tourist EH? and Tourists are supposed to have an Onward.

I can Remember when we used to have permission from Manila if we wanted to stay over 2 years and the one thing I was asked for was my flight Details at the end on that permitted stay. When the 3 year thing came in I had to have permission to Extend over the 3 years as my 13a was delayed by illness of the Commissioner but again I was asked do you have an onward in case it is Denied? it wasn't but they asked.

Things can change so quickly i am really surprised they have not come up with a new scheme :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Just saying:whistling:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Things can change so quickly i am really surprised they have not come up with a new scheme :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Just saying:whistling:

Geez Jack, you don't have to give them any more ideas on how to extract our hard earned :89:, hope no one from B.I reads this forum:huh:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Geez Jack, you don't have to give them any more ideas on how to extract our hard earned :89:, hope no one from B.I reads this forum:huh:

No I have stopped putting my head in the Lions' mouth, but you will find someone at BI reads all Expats forums and that as you have hinted at, is exactly why we should think about what we say.

BTW The bit about extension time is already in the minds of the BI as I found out from Cebu BI last year, hence their remarks to me about what if. This ARP programme has more sinister undertones than we can imagine.

Once the Programme is fully up and Running I tend to think we may well be in for some changes (Again)

I am sure that there is more motive in giving that 3rd year extension period than we will ever understand at this time, I am totally convinced that they are trying to get ALL married people onto 13 a's, then when the time is right:pow:up goes the cost of the ACR

Just my gut feeling from things I learned by Listening  :shades:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yep and it frustrates me that this information has been discussed for years here and other forums but still its like new information for some

As I read each new topic that comes up, it is rare that I see anything new being brought up.  It often frustrates me that the same discussions happen over and over, and then I realize that stuff changes and so a current discussion is often required, either to confirm that nothing has changed, or that it has.

With BI, things change from day to day and office to office so its always a hot topic.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

The person at the check-in desk told me that their system did not show onward flights (perhaps because they treat each leg of the flight as being separate.

Yeah, I think that is why. The Cebu Pacific website does state that they are "point to point" flights. You are not buying a round trip from them; you are buying 2 one way flights. That way they get to hit you with upcharges more often.  I could not book my full trips using them and had to use PAL.  When you pay for your baggage in the US they take it on PAL, even though the weight allowances are higher in the US. 

I tried to fly Cebu Pacific to Cebu, then Korean air back to US and could not get the baggage I needed. I booked it PAL & Korean Air and PAL let me take the higher US weight allowance on the flight.

Patience is a virtue (especially here!)  :tiphat:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One of these days I'll have to go back to Canada.. even if it's just a visit...  I really do hope I can get the same luggage deal out as I got coming here...  Air Canada gives serving and retired military extra weight limits...  😍😘

• Like 4