Possible House Build

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guy's n Gal's

My wife and I were discussing the possibility of building on the piece of land we own near Cagayan.

We had plans drawn up a few years ago, which now may be somewhat dated.

However you dear people, who have more recent knowledge of possible costs, may be able to advise me.

What I would consider a reasonable size, may not be what my lovely wife has in mind :whistling:

I am looking at maybe 120 sqm over two floors with access to a concrete flat roof ( to take in the view overlooking)

Just looking for rough estimates of construction cost at the moment. (EG: cost per sqm.)

Thanks for any information you can give....JB

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Steve GCC said:

Not sure how much it helps as ours was somewhat bigger, two storys and around 360m2 in total.  I would suggest anywhere between say 11-15000 peso per m2 depending on finishes from our own experience. We are mid figure of that with granite floor tiles throughout, granite counter tops in kitchens, mosaic tiles in master bath, toughened glass up stairs, landscaped, LED lighting throughout, chandalier etc etc............ I would say if tight budget could easily be done for below 10k m2 or even lower depending on simplicity of design.

From what i hear it also depends on location, island and province as materials vary in cost also.

Labour is cheap but slower than we would be used to in UK. Quality is errrrr lets say substandard compared to what we are used to and takes alot more time and effort to Supervise and control to get a quality end result.

Happy to provide further detail if required, just ping over a PM

Cheers

Steve

image1.JPG

image3.JPG

Very nice looking place Steve.  What is the smaller building to the left of the house in the photos?

What year did you build your house?

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jake said:

What I have learned from this great forum is this:

Take a look at the history of the geographical area.  Is it prone to flooding?  If so, check for any water stains in the nearby area, check street drainage system and the natural slope of your property.

Neighbors?  Check the domestic animals -- roosters singing My Way at zero dark thirty.  History of rat infestation?  Do you have to run a gauntlet to avoid stepping on dog chit right outside your front gate?  Any nearby late hour nightclubs, drinking sessions or noisy jeepney-tricycle stands that may affect your sleep?  

The placement of your foundation -- hopefully elevated, which side of the house will face the hot afternoon sun or the noisy traffic.  Verify property line, you may be encroached.  Verify, verify that you have a clean title with no liens or disputes against the property.  

And finally, reserve a sacred place on your new wall so that I could properly bless it.

Sound advice Jake, triple like's :thumbsup:

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

The near neighbours  have been able to over come any drainage problems by raising the ground floor levels.

More advice welcome anytime, as the final decision is yet to be made

That's good idea.  Another option would be to make the ground level a garage/parking area.  Many beach homes on the US east coast built like that.

• Like 4