Possible House Build

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, intrepid said:

That's good idea.  Another option would be to make the ground level a garage/parking area.  Many beach homes on the US east coast built like that.

Yes, had that in mind also, thanks intrepid

• Like 3

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)

We are hoping to do a self build on this in Davao at Ps 25/28 M2 - early days - will post

LHM.jpg

LHM1.jpg

Edited by insite
  • Like 5

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Kuya John, I stumbled across a building cost calculator on a design/construction contractor's site, they're located in QC so it's probably loaded with NCR cost factors, which are probably different than Cagayan. It might give you some ideas or things to consider, though. They have some cool houses in their gallery, too.

http://redmasteremail.wixsite.com/redmaster/construction 

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, SNAFU said:

Kuya John, I stumbled across a building cost calculator on a design/construction contractor's site, they're located in QC so it's probably loaded with NCR cost factors, which are probably different than Cagayan. It might give you some ideas or things to consider, though. They have some cool houses in their gallery, too.

http://redmasteremail.wixsite.com/redmaster/construction 

A pretty good website with interactive spreadsheet.  One of things I observe regarding product and services online is their homepage and how well it's designed.  Good indicator for this type of work.  

Thank you SNAFU!

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, insite said:

We are hoping to do a self build on this in Davao at Ps 25/28 M2 - early days - will post

LHM.jpg

LHM1.jpg

Oh gawd!  Please don't say you are going to build in Cabantian...  DCWD is saying the water problem for areas served by the Communal well may not be fixed until 2020 now...  Argh!  Buhangin itself would be nice - heading up Mandog Rd past the Gaisano Grande or even past the new NCCC mall would be nice.  Heck, even Mandug is nice!  Just say hi to my formerly NPA buddies there...  (Honestly, I think they just say they're NPA...  More likely they saw it on TV...  Lol). Anywhere in the hills would be perfect for a house like that!  Unless you can find water frontage...  Ulas?  Toril?  Going towards Panabo?  Hmmm...  Samal, right?  :morning1::whistling:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Some great input here from members for you Kuya

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

How's Php 2.5M for 1000M2 beach frontage lot in Panglao sound....too expensive?

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Sounds like 50K USD.  Is it too expensive?  What are similar lots going for?  How bad do you want it?  What is the access?  What do the DENR have to say about it (hugely important and often overlooked)?  What is the title like.  Way to many questions to give a realistic opinion.

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

2,500 php per sqm is OK for a beachside lot but remember the Government can restrict the building within a certain distance from the high tide line. Usually 30m but in some localities it's 50m. Before parting with any money get a certified copy of the true title to ensure there's no liens on the land and if it's clean then get a surveyor to confirm the lot being sold is the one on the title. It's not unheard of for a lot to be sold with a clean title then it turns out not to be the lot you were shown but the waste ground with no view along the coast. 

• Like 4