A dangerous game. British man on mission

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I can imagine how this guy feels but not sure if what he is doing is the right thing for his safety and children.

British man on mission for justice after wife gunned down in Philippines

The two gunmen flanked the modest, family-sized Toyota at a busy intersection. Aiming at the driver, they fired a barrage of bullets, nine of which fatally hit Mia Mascariñas-Green in her head and neck.

In the back seat, her 10-year-old daughter and 23-month-old twins watched. Their nanny – who was sitting in the third row – jumped over the divide to shield the children with her body. One of the attacker’s guns jammed and they fled on motorbikes.

Stuart Green, a marine biologist from Hertfordshire in the UK, relates the last moments of his wife’s life with a mixture of anger and extraordinary grief.

“It was 28 bullets shot at an unarmed mother driving her kids home,” he tells the Guardian.

“I don’t really believe in miracles. But you have two shooters on the opposite side of the car, basically shooting towards each other with my wife in the middle. Our three kids are half a metre behind and not one bullet grazed them.”

Green, who moved to the Philippines in the early 90s and fell in love with Mia shortly after, described her as his best friend and hero. The twins “keep waking and calling for mummy,” he says.

Full story

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Why?

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I was reading up on that earlier. The Father seams pretty convinced he knows who was responsible but where there's a history of legal experts being killed when involved in protecting the environment against big money players and also drug dealers it could be either one using the other as a cover story.

I'm sure the people making money out of the environment are aware of the run in she had with the drug dealers and vice versa. Kill her and dispose of the drug dealers at the same time to make it look like the dealers carried out the hit and went on the run. It'll be interesting if their bodies turn up.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Wow--that's awful! I feel sorry for them.  As was stated when money and property and legal issues are involved, people might go to extremes for revenge.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

As was stated when money and property and legal issues are involved, people might go to extremes for revenge.

Yes, an American who I know well was just killed by assassins last night due to property and legal issues.  He had been here for at least a decade or more and knew that buying property in Philippines was dangerous and going to court over the issue was even more so, and he was assassinated over it.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, an American who I know well was just killed by assassins last night due to property and legal issues.  He had been here for at least a decade or more and knew that buying property in Philippines was dangerous and going to court over the issue was even more so, and he was assassinated over it.

H'mmmm...... Helping my wife to build a retirement home for the future might not be the brightest idea after all :89:

The question has been asked many times before. How safe is it in the Philippines?

I'm beginning to wonder myself......when just lately, news from Philippines reaches UK of the tragic loss of life.

Time for me to start a new thread.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They can have the house, i am going to build another one i am thinking, but then again rural France sounds nice too

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kuya John said:

H'mmmm...... Helping my wife to build a retirement home for the future might not be the brightest idea after all :89:

The question has been asked many times before. How safe is it in the Philippines?

I'm beginning to wonder myself......when just lately, news from Philippines reaches UK of the tragic loss of life.

Time for me to start a new thread.

Remember we were all concern about getting caught in a crossfire when all this "salvaging" of drug addicts and pushers started.  Are you guys still concern about that? I believe in this case, it was more of a personal nature, property or extended family disputes brewing for a long time? 

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Not really Jake.....here it seems to be two guys on a motor bike, a 9mm and a double tap at close range. There have been very few innocent by standers capped (and those that are hit the headlines big time).

Besides it seems that a majority of the killings occur late at night, in not so affluent areas, my days of pub crawling, bar hopping and gutter dwelling are long behind me :thumbsup: 

Roger that Scott.  

My understanding that PNP has shoot to kill orders, if they resist arrest.  Two PNP guys moonlighting (side jobs) and not in uniform and riding tandem -- seems like they ask questions later with the convenience that dead men don't talk. I also strongly suspect that vigilante groups and other drug syndicates have the blessing by "donating" protection money to the PNP to look the other way.  All levels of the PNP rank, especially the fat cat generals are dirty in that regard. 

It's business as usual. Unfortunately, fat cat politicians are still untouchable. Many are protectors and financiers.  I have always advocated that the Philippine Marines should be in charge of draining the swamp.

Regarding gutter dwelling......reminds me while staggering around Yokosuka, those benjo ditches don't always have a cement cover.  I'm sure when I come back to PI, the DUMA GANG will protect my Filipino virgin pwet....he, he.  

• Like 3