Safety under the New Regime

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

They seem to know who they are after.

Certainly seems that way and after a Sweep like this, which we get also at the Bottom of the Barangay, Things run smooth for quite a while but isn't odd how the Captain (the first call of Authority) always seems to be around on these sweeps yet try and find him for other mundane Things :whistling: That's life I guess :thumbsup:

Jack:shades:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Captain (the first call of Authority) always seems to be around on these sweeps yet try and find him for other mundane Things

Morning Jack. :morning1:

What I find is funny, is they do the sweeps late in the afternoon, I thought sunrise would be a good time catch them napping as they say. The captain always seems find me ( probably see's my car) and wanders down knowing full well it's beer time someplace and might as well be my place. The SO keeps the beer super cold in her new fridge and I refuse to do this one glass thing they do here so everyone has a glass all to themselves, still it's kinda fun to watch, never seen them arrest any one though. MPITP.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Methersgate said:

I feel less safe.

I have just been looking at a picture posted to Facebook by a middle class Filipina friend. I did not re-post it. It shows a profusely bleeding corpse lying near a shop front, just behind a Coke truck, with a trike nearby.

That's not the disturbing part. The disturbing part is that there are a dozen kids aged say seven to twelve just sitting looking at the still bleeding corpse, with attitudes of unconcern.

They don't look shocked or surprised.

That picture is giving me nightmares.

Warning- horrible image.

Here is the picture that was posted.

It is the way in which Filipinos are coming to accept this sort of thing that troubles me.

Still, I suppose that they can snap out of it. The Cambodians experienced much worse...

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You will find this on the Tv news etc, no quarms about showing the bodies. We westerners are far too sensitive.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

You will find this on the Tv news etc, no quarms about showing the bodies. We westerners are far too sensitive.

That's Ok till it is your child or close relative on the Ground then it is sensitive That's why many Forums and FB have banned this type of Photo :huh:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Methersgate said:

Warning- horrible image.

Here is the picture that was posted.

It is the way in which Filipinos are coming to accept this sort of thing that troubles me.

Still, I suppose that they can snap out of it. The Cambodians experienced much worse...

Image removed. It breaks google adsense rules and is not what the general membership want to see. 

• Like 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

That's why many Forums and FB have banned this type of Photo :huh:

Only though western pressure. The Philippines doesn't play by the same rules. Yes there will be kids looking on but don't automatically assume they will be traumatized by what they are seeing, your not in kansas anymore. Aggreed not something I would be comfortable in seeing.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Image removed. It breaks google adsense rules and is not what the general membership want to see. 

Quite happy with that. I was surprised to find it on Facebook, but then we know that much of whatlittle moderation Facebook practices is done at BPO outfits in the Philippines, so maybe I should not have been surprised.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the country is getting dangerous...  At least the media seems to us to think so...  Anyway, last night I couldn't sleep so, at 2 am, I went for a walk...  Everyone I passed had a smile and a "maayon gabii" for me...  Stopped for a burger at Angel's and had a chat with a few of the locals...  The girl behind the counter wanted to know if I a married...  I just smiled and shook my head...  One of the men from my subdivision came by and turns out it was his niece working....  I wandered off down the highway and headed home down the back road - which is almost as busy as the highway...  Lol! Met lots of people on my 5 km walk and didn't feel any sense of danger once...  Ok, maybe when I was asked if I was married...  Gotta love Davao..!    :morning1:

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Methersgate said:

Filipinos accept many things like pollution, corruption, and pissing on their feet.

• Like 2