Lto check points

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

Just makes me crack up how the LTO have a check point every body just pulls up like in veiw not talking  half a dozen bikes .LTO dont go dwn there.fairdinkum i think half the bikes here un rego no licence.true you can ride on a overseas licence for 90 days on tourist visa .

20170311_100824.jpg

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It`s the same here,if they just walked around the Robinsons car park they would probably net 50% of the bikes there.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

if they just walked around the Robinsons car park they would probably net 50% of the bikes there.

Quite agree kev BUT You just can't do a spot check on private property

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Would never stop them here in Thailand, cops do what they like.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Would never stop them here in Thailand, cops do what they like.

That is really the whole point. the PNP have no input at these Checkpoints only the LTO seem to have the jurisdiction,

The PNP are usually only present to stave off attacks on LTO personnel  :571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, intrepid said:

Oh well, off my soap box.

Just make sure your soap box has a valid license plate Officer Danny.  By the way, are the "wang, wang" being widely used again.  You know.... the siren, the lights and the attitude of "don't you know who I am"?  

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

That is really the whole point. the PNP have no input at these Checkpoints only the LTO seem to have the jurisdiction,

The PNP are usually only present to stave off attacks on LTO personnel  :571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

Yeah like in our small town pnp have a pnp check point signs up never pull anyone over and when in catarman some days lto stand on corners and like 90 percent have no helmets and me just wondering if its worth applying for my bike licence .

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jake said:

By the way, are the "wang, wang" being widely used again.  You know.... the siren, the lights and the attitude of "don't you know who I am"?

Again?  Never noticed they ever stopped.  It seems the police vehicles and ambulances have a sensor built that whenever a human gets near the vehicles, the flashing lights turn on and if the vehicle is in motion the siren is on. I've never witnessed the the emergency equipment being used for anything official other than a "safety notice" while parked helping the LTO.  Most of the time they are just driving from point A to B which is usually lunch.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Again?  Never noticed they ever stopped.  It seems the police vehicles and ambulances have a sensor built that whenever a human gets near the vehicles, the flashing lights turn on and if the vehicle is in motion the siren is on. I've never witnessed the the emergency equipment being used for anything official other than a "safety notice" while parked helping the LTO.  Most of the time they are just driving from point A to B which is usually lunch.

I'm talking about privately owned vehicles with an attitude that their chit don't stink.

• Like 4