Lto check points

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

I'm talking about privately owned vehicles with an attitude that their chit don't stink.

Of course, there are many like that.  Again, I read a notice posted on the wall at the LTO last August that stated no colored flashing lights are allowed on personal vehicles.  It also stated the penalty for having other then red and amber on the rear and white and amber on the front.  Vehicles with all color of lights drive by LTO officers daily and never one of them stopped.  Very interesting.  Its more pun in the Philippines!:whistling:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I often wonder here in Thailand if disobeying traffic laws has become habitual as, in the main, obeying traffic laws is in the west where enforcement is the norm.

It appears the same applies throughout Asia.  Recently I went for a trip to North Thailand to help a friend.  What a nightmare, it was the end of a long weekend break (the day after actually) but the roads were still very busy.  I have never seen so many lunatics in all my life on the road!

In a few weeks it will be Songkran here (when the idiots throw water  all over everyone) and luckily I will be in Vietnam.  There will be at least 500 people killed on the roads over 5 days but in reality it is a lot more, because they do not report the true figures!!!

The people know this but behaviour on the roads never improves and they do nothing to tighten the licensing regulations to make it harder to get a license, same same enforcing regulations.  Oh well, another chapter awaits me in Philippines - I am excited.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The ones that offend me are the ambulances going back home empty and they still put on their lights and siren and OWN the road.  I guess they must be late for lunch.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If it has flashing lights and a siren...

:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::whistling::mocking:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Would never stop them here in Thailand, cops do what they like.

Here, they just sleep a lot.

Ten police officers were relieved from their posts yesterday after they were caught sleeping in their police stations in Bacolod City

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2017/March/04/topstory1.htm

• Like 4

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

I counted 5 outside in mondragon this afternoon mybe few more inside ...the five outside was push starting paddy wagon...alot of activity ive seen in 4 months 

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

the local sari store does a good trade in Red Horse while waiting for the LTO guys to depart.

There is an opportunity for the PNP to set up a breathalyzer check point (if they have one) a 100 meters past after when the LTO leaves.

In Canada, I once saw 3 police radar traps spaced a mile apart. You pass one and think that the coast is clear, then you are fooled when you pass the 2nd one and then they get you on the 3rd one.

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

In Cebu going north, sometimes the PNP will set up check points to check for motorcycle license and registration, helmets, side mirrors signal lights etc. It's kind of funny though, that many motorcyclists will get wind of the checkpoint ahead, and just pull over before they get there and chat in groups waiting for the checkpoint to end so they won't be caught. If there's any available side road/detour, people will try to bypass the check point. Nobody ever seems to turn around--forever hopeful I guess.:smile:

Brings back memories.  We would place up a large sign “DWI CHECK POINT AHEAD”.  This was prior to a turn off street.  Several police cars could be seen in the distance with flashing lights at the check point ahead in the distance.  A second check point was set up a few hundred yards on the turn off street just out of sight.  We were usually to busy to ever go after any vehicle that would u-turn to avoid the check point.  Plus there is no crime to avoid the check point,…as long as you did not commit another offense in doing so.  I will say most were to drunk or scared and continued to the checkpoint.  Several were arrested at the turnoff check point but the majority were caught at the main check point.  These operations were funded by federal grants along with MADD.

:Policeman:

• Like 4