Water Heater Died

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 5/24/2017 at 7:15 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Here in Talay,just below Valencia,they turn the water off each night.

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but, has anyone been able to find out why they do this and how long they plan on continuing the practice?

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Besides that, does the water from your shower go into your septic where the toilet goes?

The norm is only toilet into septic tank in PI, everything else into the irrigation channels usually.  Thats what mine does also.............

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but, has anyone been able to find out why they do this and how long they plan on continuing the practice?

Usually indefinitely. Two reasons they do this, there are probably more, one is because they don't have enough storage or big enough pump. Two someone else is getting their water when yours is off. And another, they think they are saving electricity.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We supply about 40 houses from our deep well and turn off overnight, a bit of filipino logic at work here but I can see their point. It gives the pump a rest overnight and if there was to be a big leak no one would see it and the pump would be running all night. By far the biggest cost is the electricty which they cover in their fees.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is my belief that your concern is not justified.  Bleach is chlorine.  In small quantities it is added to many public water supplies.  So there is already a capful or two of bleach getting into your septic tank.  Besides that, does the water from your shower go into your septic where the toilet goes?

Only the two toilets goes into my septic tank. The sinks and showers go into the pipe to the street drainage. Our water supply has no chlorine added to it. We use a toilet cleaner designed for users of septic tanks, no bleach or anything to kill the natural bacteria in the tank.

If you ever had to clean out a septic tank, you would not want to do it again. It is a shitty job.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

Usually indefinitely. Two reasons they do this, there are probably more, one is because they don't have enough storage or big enough pump. Two someone else is getting their water when yours is off. And another, they think they are saving electricity.

Yes I have the same list of possible guesses. I have only heard two 'facts' though. First, the problem started because of/durring Yolanda (overflowed a tank and it burst?). Second, when the North side of Valencia water is turned off for the night, the South side has a large water pressure increase. 

So, why are they doing it, what is the plan to fix it, and how long will it take? The first 'fact' leads to how/what/when will it be fixed, and the second 'fact' leads to all the 'normal reasons' to be discarded.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

In our village the problems with the local supply were never fixed because the operators had run off with all of the money, hence us supplying many of our neighboures.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jpbago said:

If you ever had to clean out a septic tank, you would not want to do it again. It is a shitty job.

I watched it done.  From a distance :Caught:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

The first 'fact' leads to how/what/when will it be fixed, and the second 'fact' leads to all the 'normal reasons' to be discarded.

How when and what or facts including normal reasons questions are not permitted on this forum  :hystery: :mocking: :SugarwareZ-004:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

No idea mate but I assume it`s to save water as there are many leaks in the existing pipework.