U.K. Families in manila

Ann Hay
Posted
Posted

Hi any U.K. Families who I can connect with in manila living and working there and have young children ? Whom I can get advise from ?? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Ann Hay said:

Hi any U.K. Families who I can connect with in manila living and working there and have young children ? Whom I can get advise from ?? 

Welcome.jpg to the forum that can answer most if not all your Questions but be specific and you will stand a chance of getting the answers you require. For me on reading the Posts you have written already, I would ask, on what Status you will be here in the Philippines, this may seem odd now but as the questions and answers come you will see how it will make a Difference to answers you will get.

• Like 1

Ann Hay
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Ann Hay said:

We may be moving to Phil's doing my research to full know dos and don'ts and exactly what's it's like to bring a young family to manila ? 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

You will probably get all the advice you need on here.You will need to say what you want advice about and you will get answers.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'd be very reluctant to bring young children to Manila. Dovetailing any sort of eduction could be difficult/expensive.

• Like 3

Ann Hay
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Ann Hay said:

We may be moving to Phil's doing my research to full know dos and don'ts and exactly what's it's like to bring a young family to manila ? 

I have been offered and in early stages of a job prospect and I have Filipino origins but born in U.K. My parents immigrated to U.K. From Phil's over 40 years ago. We have been living in the Middle East from U.K. since 2010 my eldest was 2 when we moved to uae and my kids already exposed Filipino nationalities as we have many friends amongst other nationalities and religions. Just the spoilt culture and can be discriminatory culture here in uae is something not resting well with me these last few years. 

The company in question is a Chinoy company very well established. We would have to based in Makati or close to head offices of possibly new job and near a U.K. Curriculum school or not be too far away from on.  I'd like to hear from anyone who has made the move that have gone through this ? any families who have young children under 12 what school they have sent their child or children what is it like and round about cost per year? Or is it paid annually? 

Also a cost of 3bed home with maids room per year or monthly? Can rental be paid monthly as unsure of package yet. Have any of your relocated with a big company and did you get a relocation package? What am I likely to expect? I am told I will get a sizeable package as a large well established corporation. I know it won't be like the Middle East but need to know dos and don't and things to be aware of? Also tax is there?

My husband works in construction and a project manager how easy is it to get work for him ?  was told construction is booming? Both of us have worked and employed and managed Filipinos and I have visited before but only as a holiday and for myself work meetings.

Groceries a month ? Cost of petrol and household bills?

what is the residency process is easy? Straight forward. Having Filipino origins but have a U.K. Passport will it help me to apply for dual passport will it save me tax in my work income if having a dual passport ? 

But really appreciate some feedback. 

Thank you 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Ann Hay said:

what is the residency process is easy? Straight forward. Having Filipino origins but have a U.K. Passport will it help me to apply for dual passport will it save me tax in my work income if having a dual passport ? 

Tough one here, not sure about you, but having a British passport seems to have little effect anymore ( years ago it was the one to have)

You would need to go to BI (Immigration) and see what they say. If they Grant you Philippine citizenship because of your Parents all well and Good (on this I am not sure) but your Husband would be a different kettle of Fish ( you never said what nationality he is) Should you get the Citizenship he can apply for a 13 a Visa for permanent Residency then he can Work. If you go down the Work permit route, he will just be a Tourist as will the Children he will Not be able to work on a 9 a Visa (Tourist visa) Your Work permit is for you alone so his entry into the Philippines would have to Follow the same route as a Lot of Members here. They (He and the Children) can be here for a maximum of 3 years under the 9 a Visa extension Route.

Now things nay get difficult until you approach your Embassy there in UEA.

It is a minefield on this Immigration thing and probably even worse because of your Background, Your prospective Employer will be the one to deal with your Work permit so really you will need to get as much information as you can about your Family

All this may sound Do Do but it is not as easy as abc to get where we want to be where BI is involved. You can of course go down the SSRV Visa Route but I don't know much about this Visa so I can't offer any advice. One thing for sure though, a visit to your (Philippine ) Embassy is a must for you I feel.

Best of Luck and I do hope it all turns out Good for you.:thumbsup:

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 2

Ann Hay
Posted
Posted

All of us hold U.K. Passports I have Filipino origins via my parents 

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Good luck if you are going to try and sort paperwork at the Embassy in UAE. It took me a year. I am based in Abu Dhabi, married to a Pilipina and now have my 13a Residence status. It was a painful, long but very much worth it, journey.

Good luck.

Paul

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Ann Hay said:

All of us hold U.K. Passports I have Filipino origins via my parents 

There is the First Stumbling block I am afraid, None of you hold a Filipino passport so at this time you will all be Aliens (Foreigners) like most of us here As I say, you must try and get through to Immigration to see if you Qualify for Filipino Citizenship.

Tongue in cheek I will say my GrandParents were from Bavaria but I stood no chance of German Citizenship if I so wanted without renouncing my British Citizenship Something I would never do.

Advice on many things we can give But when it comes to Citizenship and immigration you are at the mercy of a very confused Administration here in the PI (Philippine Islands)

I know I am not particularly helping you here but it is what it is and whatever you know from the UK and Places that you may have been, here is so much Different and you will best be guarded/mindful of how things may progress ( Slowly:571c66d400c8c_1(103):) But don't give in if it is what you and your family want to do. Where there is a Road Block there is normally a way round it :thumbsup:

• Like 1