Best places to living in manila with a young family ?

Ann Hay
Posted
Posted

Best places to live in manila with a young family ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ann Hay said:

Best places to live in manila with a young family ?

:89: Hmmmmmmmmmmm well depends on so many things. Budget, size, amenities.

How long is a piece of string comes to mind. I hate Manila and can't give any advice at all but I get a feeling it is going to be a Shock to you about Costings :smile: My only advice can be to trawl the many Topics that are within the Forum and it will give you some Idea. try this one for a start:thumbsup:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/766-cost-of-living-in-manila/#comment-3229

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

try this one for a start:thumbsup:

:89:Hmmmmmmmmm maybe not to your liking after the second post so I apologize but just trawl and things will come up for you. But having said that we have some members that do live in that area (As in manila) so there will be something posted useful for you I am sure

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Honestly?  You are going to find every answer for and against your questions...  Why?  What might be perfect for you isn't that great for others...  And vice-versa...  Some questions come to mind as to what you are asking...  Do you really want Manila?  Why?  Your budget?  Your expected source of income and how much will you need to live there...  Are you looking to travel?  Safety conscious?  Children's ages and language skills?  Education required?  Permanent move or just for a few years? Are you or your significant other a Filipino?  Medical requirements?  Asthma?  Heart condition?  Do you expect to go to the beach often?  Occasionally?  Do you like seafood?  Big yard?  Little yard?  Condo with no yard?  Big vegetable garden?  Close to a public (farmers) market?  Nightlife?  English language only?  Filipino/Tagalog/Taglish capable?  

Yeah, I could go on for hours but I think you get my point...  Manila may or may not be for you...  Some other part of the Philippines may be better or not...  Even the Philippines might not be for you at all...  What you need to do is decide ALL the factors for what you'll need here...  Don't worry...  More will come up skiing the way...  But not looking at all of these will have you crying in a few years...  Wondering just what the heck you were thinking...  Or you may realize it was the best decision you ever made...

Good luck and hope you get what you're for..!

:smile:

• Like 4

Ann Hay
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmmmmmmmmm well depends on so many things. Budget, size, amenities.

How long is a piece of string comes to mind. I hate Manila and can't give any advice at all but I get a feeling it is going to be a Shock to you about Costings :smile: My only advice can be to trawl the many Topics that are within the Forum and it will give you some Idea. try this one for a start:thumbsup:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/766-cost-of-living-in-manila/#comment-3229

I have been offered and in early stages of a job prospect and I have Filipino origins but born in U.K. My parents immigrated to U.K. From Phil's over 40 years ago. We have been living in the Middle East from U.K. since 2010 my eldest was 2 when we moved to uae and my kids already exposed Filipino nationalities as we have many friends amongst other nationalities and religions. Just the spoilt culture and can be discriminatory culture here in uae is something not resting well with me these last few years. 

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid you can also find a spoilt culture and can be discriminatory culture in the Philippines as well, especially against foreigners and mixed heritage,

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I will have to read up on all the suggested places, so I don't move there!  I do not have a paternal bone in my body!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

When living in Manila it is really depending where exactly you want to live. Makati or Pasay are a big difference to Malabon or Caloocan. But even within same city are there many differences. 

Therefore we need to know which budget you have? Do you have/get a job? How old are the kids? Do you have some requirements? And much more.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Have you visited Manila yourself recently? I would never consider metro Manila a healthy place to live especially for my children. On the other hand it may be perfect for you.