Annoying habit

RBM
Posted
Posted

Had to chuckle when I read the OPS comment about a menu. Normally one can be extremely grateful if 50% on it is available. I start with....what on the menu is available. 

• Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, David B said:

At home she's the boss, it's her kitchen. I purposely give no input and gladly eat what she serves. When going out I tell her in advance where we're going because I know what I want. She can adapt or object if she wants something different in which case we'll do that. At least a decision is made and dinner is easy.

That's the right way to handle it in my opinion.

• Like 3

SNAFU
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bigpearl said:

I like to eat in the local canteens, the food is local and good, never sick, still alive but my better half prefers to go to Jollie Bee or Mackas at 3 or 4 times the price, I think it's a status thing for Filipinos? Personally I dislike F/F chains but we compromise, when we eat local I get the impression that he is not happy eating local, lol, probably the same way I don't like F/F chains.

Cheers, Steve.

Yep, turo-turo at the market canteens, never that menu problem. Only FF we like is Andok's and that Jollibee ultimate burger steak meal. Miss our beloved Whataburger, but I digress...

• Like 2

Domino22
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2017 at 3:08 PM, David B said:

At home she's the boss, it's her kitchen. I purposely give no input and gladly eat what she serves. When going out I tell her in advance where we're going because I know what I want. She can adapt or object if she wants something different in which case we'll do that. At least a decision is made and dinner is easy.

I have read many of these posts. At what point do you take control of this issue without sleeping alone? explanation needed please.

• Like 2

David B
Posted
Posted

Funny, I don't take control. I simply say that we're going to (insert name) for dinner. She's usually happy that she doesn't have to cook. She also wants me to make decisions. If she is craving something else I'll usually oblige her. 

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Domino22 said:

. At what point do you take control of this issue without sleeping alone? explanation needed please.

I take it you are Not married to a Filipina yet? Scratching Head.jpg

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Domino22 said:

I have read many of these posts. At what point do you take control of this issue without sleeping alone? explanation needed please.

I think mine is finally getting into my way of thinking. It's taken a while but she's not getting to the stage where I just have to look at her and she says " I'll listen promise". It's taken a month but she now agrees that every time I stop her and tell her to wait until I'm finished talking before butting in she actually finds out what I'm going to say.

There's still a way to go but I'm a stubborn bugger and won't give up. My new mission is to discuss possible places to live without her hearing just the one location and saying " so you've decided we're living there".

I've been mentioning a few places to her over the last week and I always mention at least three places and tell her we have to weigh up the pros and cons with each area and the ability to sell up and move on if we decide we don't like the place after all. I don't even get to the third location before she decides I've made my mind up want to live where I've mentioned. I actually got to the end of my sentence yesterday before she told me I'd made my mind up. She speaks and understands English perfectly so I asked her to repeat what I just said and she started laughing. She couldn't name two of the places I'd mentioned. She just locked onto one place and decided that's the one I'd chosen. She's now been made fully aware that if she continues to not listen I'll be making all the decisions and if she doesn't like it she knows where the door is.

• Like 2