Annoying habit

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, David B said:

Learning to handle the tampo will come soon as well as these other miscommunication issues. I love this journey and feel lucky to be on it.

Then when you have all ( well the bits that matter) the knowledge of these lovely little Ladies & How to avoid the mistakes we all made you can have one of theseWife T shirt.jpg for passing the Test, life has been here :hystery: or :console:

But don't we just Luv Em?

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN
  • Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 3/20/2017 at 8:53 AM, Snowy79 said:

I think mine is finally getting into my way of thinking. It's taken a while but she's not getting to the stage where I just have to look at her and she says " I'll listen promise". It's taken a month but she now agrees that every time I stop her and tell her to wait until I'm finished talking before butting in she actually finds out what I'm going to say.

There's still a way to go but I'm a stubborn bugger and won't give up. My new mission is to discuss possible places to live without her hearing just the one location and saying " so you've decided we're living there".

I've been mentioning a few places to her over the last week and I always mention at least three places and tell her we have to weigh up the pros and cons with each area and the ability to sell up and move on if we decide we don't like the place after all. I don't even get to the third location before she decides I've made my mind up want to live where I've mentioned. I actually got to the end of my sentence yesterday before she told me I'd made my mind up. She speaks and understands English perfectly so I asked her to repeat what I just said and she started laughing. She couldn't name two of the places I'd mentioned. She just locked onto one place and decided that's the one I'd chosen. She's now been made fully aware that if she continues to not listen I'll be making all the decisions and if she doesn't like it she knows where the door is.

I get the listening problem with my wife but now if she goes to interrupt I put up my hand and she knows to stop talking and listen. It is hard but eventually it gets better or you get used to it.As for where shall we eat I don`t bother asking anymore as she likes JB or Inasal and she aint gonna change.We go to Robinsons mall every Tuesday to meet up with friends,  sometimes I would like to go to Mooon cafe but she just does not like that as much as JB oc Inasal.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

as she likes JB or Inasal and she aint gonna change

Nothing wrong with that. it could be a lot worse. For us, if there is a BK near the JB, we go our separate ways.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

It's definitely a Filipino disease. I ordered a strawberry with banana ice cream today. The girl behind the counter even repeated if I wanted strawberry with banana? Yes please, strawberry with banana I replied.

Needless to say I left with a strawberry ice cream with no banana. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

All together now,

Yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas to day :hystery:

Come on, everyone must know this Lyrical ditty:thumbsup:

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

My response many times is to turn towards the wall and continue speaking in a very low voice with extreme are gestures.

It brings a chuckle or a it in back:bash: of head, therefore beat done while wearing a pith helmet  

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 3/20/2017 at 10:16 AM, intrepid said:

The grass may look greener on the other side of the fence,...but it still needs mowed!

Or trade one set of problems for another set of problems!

I can relate to that :SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
GrantGust
Posted
Posted

"Fresh orange juice" made from instant juice powder. I experienced it in a beach. Definitely misleading

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, GrantGust said:

"Fresh orange juice" made from instant juice powder. I experienced it in a beach. Definitely misleading

Not just the Philippines.  Years ago McDonald's in the USA created a television commercial advertising their salads as "made fresh daily".  Well technically it was true.  Turned out the salads were made "daily" in California and then shipped via refrigerated vans all over the country to the McDonald's restaurants.  Then they were put into the refrigerator where they were stored until some lucky customer ordered that "freshly made every day salad". :angry:   

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GrantGust said:

Not if it was mixed with water drawn that day.  ie fresh Tang

• Like 2