UK Child Support Agency

Gas
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes I have 2 or 3 friends who have passed away and the wife is (Or was last I knew receiving 60% of the pension BUT I found this the other day funny enough that says all this will stop and I am not sure if it was ever implemented after April 2016 Foriegn wives who had never been to the UK would not receive any benefits. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/10042024/Foreigners-state-pensions-your-questions-answered.html

Seems as I was told. that anyone who was receiving pension already (Prior to April 2016) would not be affected. Like many things in life they change the Goalposts to suit themselves

As to child Allowances I know nothing as it is a Step daughter I have here and she never even entered to arena on allowances.

Unfortunately the US SS system is in a world of it's own & I think you need to be some whizkid accountant to understand it but don't those children have to be US Citizens, My Child Support years were over many many years ago so I never Followed that Route. On that I can't help or offer any excuse or reason why the Philippines is excluded given the SS Agreement, which has been in force for a long time

Best I can do just on this at this time  :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack a very interesting read :thumbsup:

Were those wives Filipina's living in the Philippines, who had never lived in the UK? 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gas said:

Thanks Jack a very interesting read :thumbsup:

Were those wives Filipina's living in the Philippines, who had never lived in the UK? 

Yes they all were but it goes further, I have a friend just about to retire and although she (His Wife has worked a fare few years in the Uk she has not enough paid up to qualify for her own pension and because of the Law change in 2016, She will/may lose all she has paid in yet we/they were told that she can claim back ALL her NI payments and Tax Payments for a 7 year Period so it is something. However, it now seems that those over Retirement before this very Drastic change are safe. Just to add that yesterday I received my Increase notification which is not a large amount but will run the car (Fuel) for the Month so a fairly happy chappy at this time :smile: Good ole UK, you will run my car each Month except, where I go away somewhere. At least we are still going to get the yearly Increases. Put that to good use and Things can look different:huh: 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This is off topic, sorry, but I have a quick UK question.  If a dual citizen Canada/UK is traveling back to UK for a visit, does he need to arrive in UK on a UK passport?  I ask because the same citizen would have to arrive in Canada on a Canadian passport according to current rules.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This is off topic, sorry, but I have a quick UK question.  If a dual citizen Canada/UK is traveling back to UK for a visit, does he need to arrive in UK on a UK passport?  I ask because the same citizen would have to arrive in Canada on a Canadian passport according to current rules.

Still off Topic "D" but I came across this if it is any help

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/5170688/New-border-controls-could-penalise-Britons-with-dual-nationality.html

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes they all were but it goes further, I have a friend just about to retire and although she (His Wife has worked a fare few years in the Uk she has not enough paid up to qualify for her own pension and because of the Law change in 2016,

If I recall correctly the situation was changed in 2013. Basically the UK said is you have paid nothing into their system then they wont be pay foreign spouses. There are cut off points with dates and will depend on age or circumstances. But what do I know, i'm Aussie. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So those that were on a pension before April 2016 things won't Change ( although you can challenge) but those who apply after this date will go onto the new System;

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/money-matters/pensions/what-the-new-state-pension-reforms-mean-for-you/

As you will see it is based on Individual assessments and therefore does not Take into account Wives, Partners or Children. I spoke to DWP Yesterday and they tell me that as I am on the old System My wife will have to apply for any allowance set against my pension when I pass on, This should be done through the UK Embassy on the Expat bereavement Pack as discussed before. It is what it is and to me, goes Totally against what the SS Agreement was for. Protection of OAP's living abroad. I guess we are just Living too Long :smile:

BTW the Old system allows annual Increases. I don't see anything there about the New system

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I think I'm in between systems as I don't retire for 3 years, gov gave me another 9 months :Mad:, having paid SERPS, Second Pension, etc for many years. My projected state pension is around £225 per week but I'm very nervious that something may change in the next 154 weeks. The asawa will have worked 23 years when I retire so she will only get a part pension in something like 2027. She also has some SSS which I have been lead to believe that she can add some of those years to top up her NI years.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I think I'm in between systems as I don't retire for 3 years, gov gave me another 9 months :Mad:, having paid SERPS, Second Pension, etc for many years. My projected state pension is around £225 per week but I'm very nervious that something may change in the next 154 weeks. The asawa will have worked 23 years when I retire so she will only get a part pension in something like 2027. She also has some SSS which I have been lead to believe that she can add some of those years to top up her NI years.

You need to check your birth date on the link I put cos that is the factor, Most projections have gone to pot it seems over the Change over,

Wish you well but....................:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

You can use this to calculate your pension entitlement for UK personnel only. It works out your National Insurance contributions (NI) and from that tells you how much you'll get shafted by the changes. It bit me. You previously needed 30 yrs NI contributions then they increased it to 35 yrs. I also found out as I was in the Military they'd kindly signed out of SERPS meaning I've got to pay in for about 40 yrs to get a full state pension. The even kindly upped the retirement age to 67 yrs. https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I vaguely recall it used to be more than 35 years, something like 40 years but it was dropped to 30 year when women started getting their own pensions rather than on ther back of their husband. It went up to 35 years when the womans retirement age went up to 65 years.