LTO Paperwork Required Before Driving New Vehicle

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I find this hard to believe.  Have you heard of it?

This was sent by a neighbor to our neighborhood residents group e-mail chain.  See the letter in the photos.

Quote:

As per the attachment you can buy a new vehicle, but you cannot drive it until new paperwork is processed.  Time to complete can be anywhere from 2-4 months(so say the dealer), up to 12 months according to other sources.

Violation can result in fines or impounding said vehicle by the LTO, MMDA or other related enforcement agencies.

Be advised, my dealer neglected to inform me of these stipulations until AFTER monies were exchanged.  Actually the enclosed document arrived at time of delivery of the motorcycle to my home address.

I visited SBMA LTO today and confirmed this is all too real.  I am at the mercy of my dealer to send me the OR/CR, MVCC and CSR. 

At least I can drive the bike on base since it is considered private roads.  Small consolation.

End quote.

The letter:

Fullscreen capture 3172017 115347 PM.bmp.jpg

Fullscreen capture 3172017 115748 PM.bmp.jpg

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

Total insanity.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Just can't work that one out, there appears to be a breakdown between dealers and LTO.  This needs to be sorted by these two entities.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

As I recall, it has always been required to obtain a (very expensive) LTO permit to drive a newly purchased motorcycle before the OR/CR are completed.  When purchasing a bike in Cebu some 10 years ago the dealer would provide and tell you that it would only be good for a week and then you had to go buy a renewal from the LTO. No one ever did and it was never enforced unless you were silly enough to drive through one of the LTO checkpoints.

There was a relax on this policy when plates became impossible to get but the letter sounds like its starting to be policy again.  The letter sounds like a "cover your ass" letter from the dealer telling you what you should already know:  You are not legally allowed to drive an unregistered motorcycle so sign here and take your bike home to ride on "private roads" wink wink.

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There was a relax on this policy when plates became impossible to get but the letter sounds like its starting to be policy again.  The letter sounds like a "cover your ass" letter from the dealer telling you what you should already know:  You are not legally allowed to drive an unregistered motorcycle so sign here and take your bike home to ride on "private roads" wink wink.

So, would it work to tell the dealer you will pay in full when you can legally drive it home from the dealership?  Or will I continue to use the "Shoe Leather Express"?:whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is madness but quite correct, I was stopped last week and asked for Papers of my car 5 months old, No  Plates but a Conduction sticker

On Friday afternoon "A" got an urgent phone call from Suzuki go  ASAP to the Showroom to have the Temp plates put on the car. Somehow the message got mixed and the Plates were sent to her Office, Luckily I was on my way to Suzuki to have them Mounted, when I was stopped. No Plates Sir, Yes Occifer:mocking: on the Back seat going to Suzuki now. Little blighter had me followed all the way there :whistling: Up yours said I, So 1 hour later we have got to the Bottom of this and why ( well as best we can)

We now have certified Copies of all LTO requirements to use the car but none of this was told to us when we bought. Is it New? Suzuki are Fighting a 100,000 peso fine for one man in CEBU who got caught twice in his car without Temp Plates, I am told by LTO that it is the Responsibility of the Dealer to get all this sorted on new Vehicles. They are the ones who have the OR and CR and if the price has been met either by cash or Loan they should be released.:571c66d400c8c_1(103): There is absolutely no reason in my mind for LTO to play these games except to extort cash from a Buyer so my friends make sure you get a temp Plate with the Conduction details on it as per the seemingly new mandate from LTO. Fines can be from 5.000 to 100.000 peso

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It Says on the letter that vehicles delivered after 15th of February 2017 cannot be driven,I wonder why they chose this date.Maybe the dealer should get their head out of their backside and get their chit together.

This problem with plates has been around for many years.The government must have seen this as an easy way to make money off of the purchaser instead of addressing the real problem.If this new LTO ruling was about when I bought my bike I would have tole the dealer to get it sorted and I would pay the balance.

So pathetic.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

It Says on the letter that vehicles delivered after 15th of February 2017 cannot be driven,

Here we are again, left hand not knowing what the right does, Obviously the Field men (Road Duty officers) have not been informed of this so are stopping all with no temp  plates. I can Understand that they want to get in line with the rest of the world and have vehicles Registered before they hit the Road BUT that ball is firmly in their court. :shades:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

This will put a damper on things for me. I was considering buying a new car within 3 days of arrival, because I want one and it will help in everything else like finding a semi-permanent place to stay. It is what it is though.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, robert k said:

This will put a damper on things for me. I was considering buying a new car within 3 days of arrival,

Only if it is a new car Robert, Second hand Transfers are dealt with differently 

• Like 2