LTO Paperwork Required Before Driving New Vehicle

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You still need to eventually get the LTO plate?

Hmm.  Where would I even look for it?  I believe that, in Philippines, temporary means for the life of the vehicle.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hmm.  Where would I even look for it?  I believe that, in Philippines, temporary means for the life of the vehicle.

Nothing more permanent than a temporary measure.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 4/1/2017 at 9:54 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is and its done all the time and I have one.  First, the motorcycle seller sends the paperwork to LTO.  Then the LTO sends them a letter authorizing the owner to make up his own plate.  Then you go to the place that makes them up and sells the plate to you.  200 pesos.

Well I wonder why this person does not seek to improve his business by dealing with LTO, maybe the asking price is too high??

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, mogo51 said:

Well I wonder why this person does not seek to improve his business by dealing with LTO, maybe the asking price is too high?

Because then he would be a "fixer" and that is illegal.  Welcome to the Philippines.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Again this seems a really stupid situation to be in.  Surely they can address the problem as I understand it, it has been going on for ages.  Dave has already advised there is a local manufacturer, should be 'game over'?????

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Because then he would be a "fixer" and that is illegal.  Welcome to the Philippines.

But Dave, if he submits a quote to LTO and that will solve the problem, how is it illegal - if all above board, it is the 'logical' solution.  But no Dave, I am not surprised, have lived here in Pattaya for 8 years!!!  Same Same as they say!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

But Dave, if he submits a quote to LTO and that will solve the problem, how is it illegal -

Because of this I would presume; source LTO web Page

*As of 2008 , all plates issued by the LTO are produced by a sole, privately funded manufacturer in Manila. The slogan on the bottom of the licence plate usually reflects the goals campaign of the incumbent President. The practice began under President Fidel V. Ramos' *"Philippines 2000" campaign in 1995.  LTO plates.png

It has only taken some 9 in the process but.....................:571c66d400c8c_1(103): seems any other plate may just not be legal :shades:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

But Dave, if he submits a quote to LTO and that will solve the problem, how is it illegal - if all above board, it is the 'logical' solution.  But no Dave, I am not surprised, have lived here in Pattaya for 8 years!!!  Same Same as they say!

Yes same same in Thailand but also same same but different.

Same same here.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 01/04/2017 at 11:59 AM, Jack Peterson said:

have special Fixing Screws so they are supposed to be tamper? proof :89:

:hystery::thumbsup::hystery:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/1/2017 at 0:09 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Tamper proof against screwing?  Sounds like a modern chastity belt. :7500:

They will or most likely be the screw heads that most do not have. A normal screwdriver will not do the job. 

• Like 2