Schooling enquiry

Ann Hay
Posted
Posted

Schooling enquiry - my U.K. kids 9 and 4. Im in early stages of a big role in manila. Company is the biggest chinoy company in retail. Anyone have experience working in the same field who working there now. What sort of relocation packages do they offer expats right now I can't get full info till interview stage. Best places to live for me and family. My husband works in construction best links to let him look at and any advise anyone working in construction he is a project manager now.

• 4 weeks later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

I'm sure if you search through here and other sites, you'll find lots of info on where to live/not live in Manila. Wherever you work, keep in mind trying be near where you work for any commute as traffic is horrendous and any public transport if not going to get you there any faster.  Light rail is minimal and Beyond crowded.  As for schools, most US Embassy kids go to The International School, which friend of mine says is comparable to same on Singapore, where his child attended and that one is rated as one of best such schools in world.  Brits also run a school The Kings School also said as good(?)   Near Mall of Asia.   All are very expensive.  You're looking at $14K plus for The Intl School.   Either way, do your research and bargain with employer for education allowance and housing allowance.   As for hubby working in PI, that' s a whole different topic, but lots of restrictions unless he gets a firm of some sort to hire him for a job there in advance.  Again, cruise the expat sites for the questions you asked as lots of info and answers many times over.  Good luck.