The Last Roundup

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Nephi, glad to hear you are recovering. 

Must say when Dave mentioned  the possibility of your daughter being 21, I too thought that was the case!

She seems very advanced for her age, where has she been having her schooling, Philippines ?

You must be very proud of her regards JB

• Like 4

Nephi
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Nephi, glad to hear you are recovering. 

Must say when Dave mentioned  the possibility of your daughter being 21, I too thought that was the case!

She seems very advanced for her age, where has she been having her schooling, Philippines ?

You must be very proud of her regards JB

Howdy, Yea she goes to public school in our town here in Central Luzon. She will be getting a scholarship for a major of her choice at BYU Hawaii when done with high school. After that, not sure what medical school but hopefully a scholarship as well. It's fun to see her excel at life but wish she would not grow up so fast. Here's a photo of her three years ago at just 9 years old when she was with me and got to try assisting with my eye surgery in the operating room at Angeles Med Center. That cloth wrapped around my head is just to cover my hair but makes me look like a Binladen  follower-Hahaha..

20131002_080317.jpg20131002_090559.jpg

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Nephi said:

It looks like the medical risks and needs page has had it's fair share of use and activity. However, having just been released from the hospital two days ago I thought it might be due for an update of sorts.

Many of us come here to live and enjoy our retirement years with our Filipina wives and husbands. Many have pre-existing health condition while others are in good health. We tend to think we will live forever and give little thought to serious/emergency health events or even dying for that matter. Fact is, we, by living here have put ourselves at much greater risk than we sometimes realize.

A case in point. I spent 4 days in hospital with a lung (COPD) infection and came home. Twenty days after that I went to the ER unable to pee and had a serious bladder infection. This is due to an enlarged prostate that I'm dealing with and am hoping is getting better.

Well, the antibiotic needed to kill the bladder infection can be administered by IV drip or push only. That usually necessitates staying in the hospital for the full 7 days the antibiotic is being given. Hospitals and doctors etc are expensive and add up quickly so getting out of there is the name of the game. Luckily for me, my 12yr old daughter is going to be a doctor and is by nature very capable in most all medical areas.

Made it a good deal as my three doctors agreed to discharge me and send me home in her care till my next appointment. So at this point she is taking care of my catheter to drain urine and giving me the IV antibiotics every 6 hours around the clock.

Having these things go wrong is something I was not planning naturally. Point is I guess is that we need to be prepared for health issues and even emergencies before they happen. I'm grateful to my daughter for her ability and her never ending willingness to step in these many times to take care of me. May we learn from others experience. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. The life you save may very-well be your own.

Recovering In Central Luzon

Nephi

20170317_214933.jpg20170317_214957.jpg20170317_215141.jpg20170317_215151.jpg

Thank you for sharing the experience as a reminder for us. I wish you a speedy recovery and many healthy years to enjoy with your family. 

• Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Thank you for sharing your recent medical adventures. A good reminder to all of us to ensure we consider medical care in our plans. Glad to hear you are on the mend under the loving care of your family.

Thank you Earthdome, Medical issues, especially when serious really are an adventure living here rather than back home. Makes ya realize we are mortal and that none of us can get out of this world alive. When it comes to life threatening events, realizing we will eventually face these things and that planning is most important.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Yes another, thanks for sharing, just going through rehabilitation myself so know your situation. Fantastic brownie points for a wonderful daughter.

Interesting just met an old friend from Spain, admitted Riverside in Bacolod with serious stomach pain, 66 years. After several days of tests docs were unable diagnosis problem, wanted to go in exploratory surgery. He checked out an somehow flew back to Spain, within 24 hours of admittance he was out after a routine operation.

Now in process of selling house an car, after 6 years here, returning Spain for future medical needs if required.

I fortunately have had mostly a good experience with docs here.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Nephi said:

When it comes to life threatening events, realizing we will eventually face these things and that planning is most important.

I agree 100%. 

I pray for your full recovery. 

Yes, I said "pray".

• Like 4

Nephi
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

Not trying to ignore all the replies and best wishes here. Am not feeling good again and found out this morning with blood (CBC) test and urine test, that the bladder infection is back with a vengeance. Will see one of my doctors this afternoon to see what should be done. Cant go back in the hospital due to lack of $$$ sit took all we had for the last time a week or so ago. Guess this really might be the last round up. Hoping not but just don't know what will happen.

If anyone would like to visit my wife Viol (Violeta) to see what's happening, just add her on Face Book as she can then receive and make free voice calls. Her user name to locate her on FB is Viol Davis.

Hope to be back soon

Nephi

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Nephi said:

If anyone would like to visit my wife Viol (Violeta) to see what's happening, just add her on Face Book as she can then receive and make free voice calls. Her user name to locate her on FB is Viol Davis.

If I found the right Viol then this must be a pic of you?  Please let us know if that is correct so we can put a face to our prayers for your recovery, the good Lord willing.

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 5