All that glitters is not gold but sometimes a diamond in the rough.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I may often appear to be a pessimist but I'm actually a realist. 

I do point out the bad as well as the good. I do not look at life here thru rose coloured glasses. 

With that said, I'll point out that when you take medicine, whether it be prescription or over the counter, there is usually a slip of paper that points out possible side effects.  Some side effect may be detrimental to your health. This is so that you are aware (warned) of possible dangers to your health. This is not being negative. 

No, I do not like it here in the PI. I would rather be back home in So Cal where I can go to a professional ball game, LA Dodgers, Oakland Raiders, LA Lakers.  I can hop on a plane and fly to Las Vegas. I could go downhill skiing in the local mountains in the winter. All this and much more. 

No, I am not bored here in the PI. Always something to do but not what I like to do.

I am not on a fixed income where I need a low cost of living . 

So, if you come from a place worse than the PI then you will be happy here or if you cannot afford to live in your home country anymore, then the PI is the place for you.

I just point out what I have experienced here. Some good and some not so good. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

How often are you visiting home? That break could be very therapeutic. Is there anyway your wife would accompany you?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

No, I do not like it here in the PI. I would rather be back home in So Cal where I can go to a professional ball game

I hope you noticed that the new owner is offering a chance at tickets to a REAL professional ball game in Manila.  Be sure to get in on the raffle if you like real football or rugby (not a ball game fan so all I have to go on is that most of the world prefers that rugby style of football).

Here is the link to his post 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dave, forget the ball game thing. Don't want to further traumatize him being that the Seahawks go to SoCal and kick some........

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I understand what you're saying Gratefuled.  I was happy in the States, and I'm also happy here for the most part. Maybe in the future should you and your family decide to spend part of your time here, you could find an area/situation more to your liking. Maybe if your son here was to go to college in Cebu perhaps. I know that your wife wants to be close to her aging parents, but in the future maybe you'll all have a new adventure in the States with the rest of your family there.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

How often are you visiting home? That break could be very therapeutic. Is there anyway your wife would accompany you?

I return to California at least once a year. This year we will go to Hong Kong  next month. Maybe California later like in the Fall.

My wife does not go with me to the states. She has just recently agreed to a spousal visa. I'm happy for that. That's on my list of things to do in the very near future.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I hope you noticed that the new owner is offering a chance at tickets to a REAL professional ball game in Manila.  Be sure to get in on the raffle if you like real football or rugby (not a ball game fan so all I have to go on is that most of the world prefers that rugby style of football).

I do not understand Rugby or Cricket but know they are popular. I prefer baseball, basketball, American football and soccer.

I'm watching World Baseball Classic now as I post this. Japan vs USA. Tied up at 1 -1. Winner plays Puerto Rico tomorrow for championship at Los Angeles Dodger Stadium.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Dave, forget the ball game thing. Don't want to further traumatize him being that the Seahawks go to SoCal and kick some........

I'm used to it. Win some lose some. I sleep well at night. 

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

I understand what you're saying Gratefuled.  I was happy in the States, and I'm also happy here for the most part. Maybe in the future should you and your family decide to spend part of your time here, you could find an area/situation more to your liking. Maybe if your son here was to go to college in Cebu perhaps. I know that your wife wants to be close to her aging parents, but in the future maybe you'll all have a new adventure in the States with the rest of your family there.

That is my prayer and my dream.  My wife, stepson and I living in California. My wife already has many friends, co workers and one aunt living in the states. She would love to see them once she is there. She may even want to come out of retirement and continue as an RN in the states. It sure pays better than here and the benefits are great. 

Thanks

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

And Football, Baseball and Basketball are sports unlike a two day cricket match or a bunch of undersized men with an oversized football and no pads doing who knows what in a "scrum"

:1927_:

• Like 1