Subic Floating Funpark

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I haven't been there but a few weeks ago we noticed these strange floating things in the bay, at Half Moon beach area.  Now they are getting ready to open "Asia's Largest Floating Funpark".  Here is a drone view:

We took a look at this beach for a big family party 3-4 years ago.  It was cheap and you got what you paid for.  Very overcrowded and they had nipa huts right down to the water.  I would guess that it has changed owners and they have put some money into redesigning and cleaning it up.  They are currently putting in new landscaping, etc.  The beach looks ok in the video but I have always avoided the water in the middle to northern part of the bay.  It might be ok.

They have been letting some press and blogers in, so there are a few videos on You Tube.  Here is another promo video and it has the prices!  p699 for the first two hours.  I think it used to be p100 to go to that beach!

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Then we have this new waterpark opening soon next to Ocean Adventure.  And there is another waterpark opening in the main hotel area of the freeport.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

They have both similar set ups on Okinawa, although we've only done the water slide park, not the inflatable floating park. I think later is part of a hotel resort and when I've been to that beach , the Japanese kids seem love it. Everybody, locals and western, love the slide parks. Like most things in Japan, they are done Right AND Maintained well.  Can't say I've ever seen anything maintained there long term, unfortunately.  I'll look forward to the Subic Adventure water park soon, while still relatively new.  My kid Loves one here and does all the slides at less than 3 yrs old...a good thing, but doesn't swim a hoot!  Oh and the water parks here are anywhere from $4 to $10 or so for All 3 of us.  Go figure.  

• Like 1