SM Seaside Rant!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

And the darn down escalator isn't working.

• Like 3

russellmania
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

That's a drag Russell. It does seem like a reverse of what makes sense.

I always have one of the young guys that bag your groceries who offer, walk my cart for me to the car no matter where I'm parked. They usually take the elevator and meet me in the parking lot near security.  They don't mind getting out of the store for a bit, and I always talk to them and give a small tip, which they often are reluctant to take but I insist.:smile:  They'll load your car and return the cart back for you. It's a possible option for you.

I didn know they offer that service. I would have shopped more but I knew I already had about 4 bags to pack to the car, so I paid and left. But it was only 2 checkouts available and im not sure they could spare a bagger to cart my groceries, but next time I stock up I will ask in advance.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, russellmania said:

I didn know they offer that service. I would have shopped more but I knew I already had about 4 bags to pack to the car, so I paid and left. But it was only 2 checkouts available and im not sure they could spare a bagger to cart my groceries, but next time I stock up I will ask in advance.

Wherever I shop for groceries the bag boys take the trolley to the taxi for me. On another subject I dont like the no plastic bags on Saturday law as the paper ones make it hard to carry when you have a few.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Wherever I shop for groceries the bag boys take the trolley to the taxi for me. On another subject I dont like the no plastic bags on Saturday law as the paper ones make it hard to carry when you have a few.

We have a couple of bags for life that we use whenever we shop, then it is routine so they don't get forgotten at home. I actually have to tell people at the market not to put my groceries in plastic bags but straight in to our bag, they always seem confused and a bit put out by this, so I tell them I'm doing my bit for the environment. 

• Like 3

russellmania
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just stuff 3 or 4 plastic bags in the pockets of my cargo pants on Saturdays. When the bagger starts to bag with paper,I say hold up!! I got my own plastics right here!! The look they give me is priceless hehehe!

Edited by russellmania
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, virginprune said:

We have a couple of bags for life

Yes, I got those, but the Philippine ones last about 10 uses before the handles fall off or they develop holes in the bottom.  But at 40 pesos a bag its a reasonable lifespan.

• Like 3