Visa's need advise

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum also, as suggested here, take it slowly and steady.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, krapier66 said:

I am really "on the bench" on this trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

Welcome.jpg  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

As a side note I'd deliberately not ask your potential partner to have any documentation lined up before you arrive. Look on it as a cooling off period. A type of insurance if you wish. You're not buying a new car here you are potentially finding someone you only know through words on a computer and making them part of your life. Financially and mentally. :whistling:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

As a side note I'd deliberately not ask your potential partner to have any documentation lined up before you arrive. Look on it as a cooling off period.

Not sure I agree with this 100% As the OP and the Lady are discussing marriage, it seems logical that she should at least make some attempt to be Upfront & showing some commitment ( if that is the expression I think I mean)  he talks of her relocating to Cebu so although they have not actually met yet they seem to be one step ahead of just Internet Friends. She will need I/D for many things even if all else does not happen quickly, (as we know many do not have the proper ID) Just for Booking into a Hotel even That is why I put "Testing time" For me, the "Cooling off time" surely will follow that Initial meeting Just my thoughts but it is the OP that is stepping into the Unknown, had it been me I would have welcomed some indication of 'I mean it' from the Lady & and thus telling the OP I am for real & want to commit 

I know we all have our own Stories to tell but we always urge people to do their homework and I think this is part of that homework But......... as always I bow to others that have stories also and of course, none of us are ever 100% right ,

The OP is aware and ready I think for the Pitfalls but assurances from intendeds are easy to say but can be looked on differently when backed up.

Whatever, Best of Luck to our new Friend and let's hope he will keep us up to speed on things cos we is all nosy, Yes? and love a happy Ending and we know that we have had many here on PEF :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I'm in the process of getting the SRRV Classic visa. It requires letter from local police that you do not have a criminal record and proof of a pension or social security then you need both records authenticated from the Philippines go in the us. You pay a 1,300 application fee then 360 a year. It's a big hassle but may be better in the long run.

• Like 2

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, krapier66 said:

Visitor Visa - This is fine if I want to keep going to Manila to get extensions.

Why you gotta go to manila im in north samar got my extensions in calbaygon 2 hour bus ride ..

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

There are many Topics on this, can I ask if you have the up to date Requirements on this?

I am probably going to get into a little Hot water here but say it I feel I must, There are things that your intended will need, Birth Certificates for her and the Children, (Not many have them till needed) A CENOMAR for her. all at PRO/NSO

It has been posted many times all over Forums and other sites about AH OK! I need these but can you send me the cash to get them. Unfortunately this is where it all starts, I am in no way saying/suggesting your intended is anything other than upright and Honest but this is a test for you Both. Get here to apply for these so that you are ready to do whatever you intend to do. You can't marry without them and the Children will need them at some stage so just have them done now. If she can't pay for them then the story starts to unfold for you. Different if you had met and actually knew each other but as you haven't, I for one would not like to see you get Burned (Burnt)

I do apologise for putting this here now but forewarned is forearmed:smile:

Best of Luck my friend as it is not as easy as it may sound reading about it.

I suggest waiting - that way you can go with her to NSO to fill out requests for birth certificates and CENOMAR. Being at the NSO and receiving the copies directly from them is the only way you know the paperwork is real. It is too easy to get fake ones and not always obvious. Not hearsay, I have been given a fake CENOMAR in the past. It does happen.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

Regarding the daughters, their ages are important if trying emmigrate to the US. I'm not certain of the age limit but say if it's 18 they will not be going as a family member if over the limit and their chances will reduce drastically. The Ops opening thread is very mixed up and need a careful untangling. Vistor visa are good up to 3 years and available locally if in Cebu, no trips to Manila.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 4