Brown out

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The way our Electricity is delivered ( Live and Ground) Hot and Cold unless it is a Total Out from the Substation The Lines are never really off so it is a Brownout due to severe voltage drop but enough to knock you off your feet if touched in a Short Brownout. Just as a little thing even during a Brownout, I have 1 LED lamp that is still on very Dim. This I am told is residual power because it is a Local Down and not a Substation down ie; Transformer Fuse Change. I tend to think we from the West, will never really understand this Way of Power delivery

Power interruptions are as we know so common that they just get called brownouts have done since apparently Electricity first came to my wife's house. One of those words that we just have to get used to 

Hey Jack. Some people know and some have no clue where your knowledge of the local grid comes from. Would you mind starting a thread about how your wife (generally, not asking for every detail) how your wife got to the position she is in? The stepping stones of the path that led here there, education etc. I am interested in finding options for a basic roadmap on how my wife (and as a group our wives and kids) can progress beyond salesgirl.  

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

Hey Jack. Some people know and some have no clue where your knowledge of the local grid comes from. Would you mind starting a thread about how your wife (generally, not asking for every detail) how your wife got to the position she is in? The stepping stones of the path that led here there, education etc. I am interested in finding options for a basic roadmap on how my wife (and as a group our wives and kids) can progress beyond salesgirl.  

I will talk to her about this, She is pretty Good about the things I write about her on the forum but this I would have to clear with her :thumbsup: 

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I will talk to her about this, She is pretty Good about the things I write about her on the forum but this I would have to clear with her :thumbsup: 

Absolutely understandable, even if she prefers not to, Thanks!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Absolutely understandable, even if she prefers not to, Thanks!

Sorted I will Start tomorrow :smile:

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Wonderful, she may turn out to be a mentor/inspiration to many Filipinas she will never know!

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

The difference.............It's racial man racial.

What you don't like brown?

:cornflakes:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Wonderful, she may turn out to be a mentor/inspiration to many Filipinas she will never know!

Well I started but had to stop and rethink this, It started to sound like a Testimonial to my Wife, which, I would never have wanted it to, so please bear with me while I sit and have a Coffee and see what I can up with. :smile:

Jack:huh:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Jack, give yourself an uppercut!  Jeez mate, we  speak perfect Bonza!  It is just the Poms, Canadians, Yanks etc that stuff it up?????

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Jack, give yourself an uppercut!  Jeez mate, we  speak perfect Bonza!  It is just the Poms, Canadians, Yanks etc that stuff it up?????

Scratching Head.jpg   Ron ole Chum, had you Forgotten I am a Pom :hystery:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure but I told my wife here that a "brownout" is when a section of the city has the power purposely shut off for a certain period of time fore a reason. Reason may be to save power or to repair a broken line somewhere. Certain sections of Davao City are without power every now and then. Even the local malls. The malls have backup power generators to supply a basic supply of power but air condition and escalators are not always included. We still get them but not as often. 

I explained that a " blackout" was  term used during  WW1 and WW2 when cities shut off their power so enemy bombers could not accurately bomb during the night. In modern times now it would not help. 

I could be wrong but this is how I explained it to my wife. 

• Like 2