Philippine Brand LTE Phones

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I got tired of not being able to hear clearly when someone called me...  So I decided it was time to get a decent phone..!  Yeah, I know...  A decent Philippines branded phone is still pretty basic...  Or is it?  I'm the very happy owner now of a Cloudfone Next smartphone...  It's their flagship model and regularly sells for p9999.00 but I picked one up on Lazada's Anniversary Sale for p6999.00...  Brand new, never used, no return...  Straight from the company...  

My question for all of you out there is...  Are you using a Philippine brand LTE phone..?  How do you like it..?  Was the lower price better than paying for a big name product..?  Where can I get pure peanut butter without sugar, salt, oil or milk added..?  :89:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Just bought a Samsung J2 for the wife for p5,999 seems to work great. Low price 4G phone.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

I still have my old dumb phone Samsung. Very basic. No camera, nothing fancy. I just use it to text and call locally. Never had a problem with it.

I still have my Verizon phone that I use when I am back home. No bells and whistles. No need.

Edited by Gratefuled
spellcheck
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I try to avoid having a cell phone but its useless these days.  Most people know I am reluctant to answer the phone so they call me on Facebook.  I hate that too but since I am usually playing on my laptop, if the Facebook is on then I often answer.  Why do I hate it?  I may be chatting with 4 or 5 people in text messenger but when the phone rings that person is in my face, so to speak, and I am unable to text the other people I want to chat with.  (I am sure there is a way to do it but I cannot do 2 things at once as I don't have enough estrogen for that :hystery: )

So people who send me texts on messenger, email and cell phones get 2 thumbs up and I reply as soon as its convenient for me :5714137783ea0_1(172):

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, i am bob said:

My question for all of you out there is...  Are you using a Philippine brand LTE phone..?  How do you like it..?  Was the lower price better than paying for a big name product..?  

Where can I get pure peanut butter without sugar, salt, oil or milk added..?  :89:

Got my SO a Cherry Mobile Flare about 1.5 years ago. It works very well, processor is fast, takes pretty good pics and she's never had any serious issues with (it freezes up occasionally - just have to shut off and restart).

For peanut butter - have you tried the Swiss Deli? I know they carry a small selection of imported foods. I can get Jiff or Skippy branded PB in Cebu at the Metro or Robinson's store in Ayala. Forget how much it costs, but not cheap. 

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't have a phone but my SO has a Myphone smart phone. Seems ok, everything works inclusive web surfing, messenger etc, camera not bad, cost P1800 about 9 months ago.

I am thinking of getting a phone for myself, possibly a Huawei GR5. My friend and his wife have them and they are very good with an excellent camera. The reason for this is that my iPad is a bit clunky to carry around and it is also getting a bit tired now, 4 years old! The phone retails at P10500, a lot cheaper and more convenient than a new iPad.

Edited by virginprune
  • Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Regarding peanut butter, we have McKesters here. Sold in KCC and Gaisano.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Just bought a Samsung J2 for the wife for p5,999 seems to work great. Low price 4G phone.

I looked at the J2 but it didn't have some of the things I wanted...  Better cam, ram, rom, etc...  Pricewise, I paid a thousand pisos more (thank gawd for the sale!) or I probably would have gone for a J2...  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I still have my old dumb phone Samsung. Very basic. No camera, nothing fancy. I just use it to text and call locally. Never had a problem with it.

I still have my Verizon phone that I use when I am back home. No bells and whistles. No need.

I had a Nexus 4 that bricked 2 months before I came to the Philippines...  Got a first edition Motorola Moto G to replace it.  Lent it to a girl who decided a loan meant a gift...  Grrr!  Bought a Cloudfone Excite Prime and loved it..!  Dropped it and did in the screen...  Silly me...  Can't get it fixed as no parts.  Bought a Firefly Intense Power...  Weighed a ton, too, thanks to the 5000 mA/hr battery.  First one was replaced on the second day as it wouldn't do an update.  Second one went back for repair as the back button wouldn't work.  That was Feb 2.  Bought another Excite Prime the same day.  (I'm still waiting for Firefly.  Cost me p1300 for an LCD they say was water damaged.  Today I was told 2 more weeks before I get it back). The big problem with all of these phones is that they are only 3G...  Couldn't get a signal worth kakapoopoo inside the house here in the hills.  So...  The upgrade to an LTE.  Nice thing about this one?  I can use it in Canada too!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I try to avoid having a cell phone but its useless these days.  Most people know I am reluctant to answer the phone so they call me on Facebook.  I hate that too but since I am usually playing on my laptop, if the Facebook is on then I often answer.  Why do I hate it?  I may be chatting with 4 or 5 people in text messenger but when the phone rings that person is in my face, so to speak, and I am unable to text the other people I want to chat with.  (I am sure there is a way to do it but I cannot do 2 things at once as I don't have enough estrogen for that :hystery: )

So people who send me texts on messenger, email and cell phones get 2 thumbs up and I reply as soon as its convenient for me :5714137783ea0_1(172):

Use a headset for phone use...  And, when you're not on the phone..?  You can use voice input to do your replies to the forum..!  Much faster that way...  :whistling:

• Like 1