Philippine Brand LTE Phones

i am bob
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

Got my SO a Cherry Mobile Flare about 1.5 years ago. It works very well, processor is fast, takes pretty good pics and she's never had any serious issues with (it freezes up occasionally - just have to shut off and restart).

For peanut butter - have you tried the Swiss Deli? I know they carry a small selection of imported foods. I can get Jiff or Skippy branded PB in Cebu at the Metro or Robinson's store in Ayala. Forget how much it costs, but not cheap. 

Cherry is another one I looked at.  But I decided to stick with Cloudfone.  Seems they get rated higher by the Pinoy tech media.

I can get lots of imported PB here also but too expensive for the amount I eat.  I can get local PB but it's all got milk, sugar, salt and oil added.  That's not PB..!!!

i am bob
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, virginprune said:

I don't have a phone but my SO has a Myphone smart phone. Seems ok, everything works inclusive web surfing, messenger etc, camera not bad, cost P1800 about 9 months ago.

I am thinking of getting a phone for myself, possibly a Huawei GR5. My friend and his wife have them and they are very good with an excellent camera. The reason for this is that my iPad is a bit clunky to carry around and it is also getting a bit tired now, 4 years old! The phone retails at P10500, a lot cheaper and more convenient than a new iPad.

The GR5 is probably better known as the Mate 9 Lite in the rest of the world.  I was interested in one but the best price I found was p13,500.  At p10,500, I would consider it but I think I like the Cloudfone a bit better...  And the sale price made it a no-brainer at the time...  Still, that GR5 was sweet..!

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

I can get lots of imported PB here also but too expensive for the amount I eat.  I can get local PB but it's all got milk, sugar, salt and oil added.  That's not PB..!!!

Make your own then, its very easy to do. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-peanut-butter-recipe.amp

Tip: Warming up the peanuts first (can lightly roast them in a frying own - even if already roasted) will warm up the oils in them and make them easier to blend and it ups the creaminess as well. 

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted

I use a CKK brand phone. That is the complete name, CKK. It's a Philippine made smart phone and bought it at SM Clark. I bought the CKK Duke 5. It has a 6 inch screen and IMO just as good as an I-phone or any other name brand. Extremely fast, good photos, and never a problem. Brand new it costs P3,200. Definitely not a bad price for such good quality.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I had a Cherry Mobile (p2,500) but since they are so cheap you are lucky to get about a year out of one.  There were 3 of us with Cherry and all 3 phones died within a year.

My next phone was the MyPhone Rio. Pretty good for p4,000. The camera was passable. I used it for Youtube for almost 2 years. Then it finally died.

Then got a Samsung J5 (p10,000) and loved it! The camera was particularly good. I used it for my YouTube channel for a year - good HD quality videos. Until I got pick-pocketed on chirstmas eve...

I did not want to spend that much again and went back to MyPhone.  The My96 (p5,000) is absolute garbage!  On paper the memory, speed, and camera sound good, but they lie.  MyPhone added a tv tuner to all their phones and I wondered what got sacrificed.  The camera quality for one. But also battery life is terrible, and it overheats all the time. 

...should have got another Samsung... 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, i am bob said:

Use a headset for phone use...  And, when you're not on the phone..?  You can use voice input to do your replies to the forum..!  Much faster that way...  :whistling:

Speaking of voice input? How are things back in Nigeria?:smile:

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

For peanut butter we make our own.  Just run the nuts through food processor or high speed blender.  if not sweet enough add a bit of honey..dark rum. or what ever.

:SugarwareZ-047:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I had a Cherry Mobile (p2,500) but since they are so cheap you are lucky to get about a year out of one.  There were 3 of us with Cherry and all 3 phones died within a year.

My next phone was the MyPhone Rio. Pretty good for p4,000. The camera was passable. I used it for Youtube for almost 2 years. Then it finally died.

Then got a Samsung J5 (p10,000) and loved it! The camera was particularly good. I used it for my YouTube channel for a year - good HD quality videos. Until I got pick-pocketed on chirstmas eve...

I did not want to spend that much again and went back to MyPhone.  The My96 (p5,000) is absolute garbage!  On paper the memory, speed, and camera sound good, but they lie.  MyPhone added a tv tuner to all their phones and I wondered what got sacrificed.  The camera quality for one. But also battery life is terrible, and it overheats all the time. 

...should have got another Samsung... 

Hehe!  You should have checked the ram, rom and processor...  MyPhone hasn't had a decent setup for the last year unless you spend much bigger for it...  And it's a shame as they used to have decent gear..!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

Hehe!  You should have checked the ram, rom and processor...  MyPhone hasn't had a decent setup for the last year unless you spend much bigger for it...  And it's a shame as they used to have decent gear..!

That is the problem... on paper it looked ok. I was comparing the Samsung J5 (best phone camera I ever had) to the My96 (worse camera than the 4 year old Rio). But the My96 quality is way below the old Rio. So now I have a 3 month old phone that I am ready to throw in the ocean ha ha

MyPhone My96

Full Seg Digital TV
Android 6.0, Marshmallow
5.5" Display
1.3GHz 64-bit Quad-Core
16GB ROM + 2GB RAM
13MP Main Camera and 8MP Front Camera
2800mAh, 4G LTE, Dual SIM

Samsung  J5

Android 6.0, Marshmallow
5.2"  Display
1.2GHz 64-bit Quad-Core
8GB ROM + 2GB RAM
13MP Main Camera and 5MP Front Camera
2600mAh, 4G LTE, Dual SIM

• Like 1

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cherry mobile flare s is pretty good for a PH brand phone. But don't expect similar experience with their customer service center. 

Edited by frozenmystic28
  • Like 1