Philippine Brand LTE Phones

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yeah, something I've discovered myself...  I won't touch another Firefly Mobile phone again either...  

Something else to be careful of...  Smart and Globe use different channels for their LTE...  I'm still not sure what the 700mHz channels are as there's 2 of them and neither will post which they use...  The 700 mHz band is the better LTE band of the 3 Smart uses (same for Globe) and the one that all the new LTE towers that are being put up...  The Cloudfone I bought covers the rest of the Smart spectrum so I'm assuming it's also has their 700 mHz band...

• 3 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was having problems getting on this site but here I am so maybe it has sorted itself out.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I was having problems getting on this site but here I am so maybe it has sorted itself out.

I received a smart notification on my phone saying that they resolved data issues and gave a free 100mb, not that l seen it. 

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
On 3/28/2017 at 4:58 PM, virginprune said:

I don't have a phone but my SO has a Myphone smart phone. Seems ok, everything works inclusive web surfing, messenger etc, camera not bad, cost P1800 about 9 months ago.

I am thinking of getting a phone for myself, possibly a Huawei GR5. My friend and his wife have them and they are very good with an excellent camera. The reason for this is that my iPad is a bit clunky to carry around and it is also getting a bit tired now, 4 years old! The phone retails at P10500, a lot cheaper and more convenient than a new iPad.

I can highly rec a Huawei i have owned a p9 lte for over a year cost 9999 php new

Leaves the wifes apple 5s standing 

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

I can highly rec a Huawei i have owned a p9 lte for over a year cost 9999 php new

Leaves the wifes apple 5s standing 

A bit of an update: After my post, and tempting fate, the SO's Myphone gave up. So I bought her the GR5 2017 model, retails at P11,990. We are both very pleased with it and I shall be getting one as well soon.

Regarding the Myphone, the SO's son formatted it and it seems ok now, that has been passed on to a grateful sister!

• Like 1