A Bar Girl Stealing Your Heart?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

a guy from Australia who she was seeing before we met her that first night.  My friend eventually found out this mysterious Australian guy was returning to Manila

I will never go to Manila, oops different story  :cornflakes: :smile:

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bows00 said:

Time is the best cure for situations like this - the ugly truth eventually surfaced when my friend eventually realized her true colors.  Throughout the month, she was getting text messages from another foreigner - a guy from Australia who she was seeing before we met her that first night.  My friend eventually found out this mysterious Australian guy was returning to Manila and she requested to move on to greener pastures. 

My friend is once again dumped by a woman, and will return to the US broken hearted. 

He broke the number one rule when partying in these bars - "Don't Fall In Love!"

At least the losses weren't too steep...and a valuable lesson was learned.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, bows00 said:

.  The mistake I made was choosing to go to a KTV bar in Manila.  It started off great.  Three employed girls joined us, we drank and sang for about three hours and at the end of the night, he ended up hooking up with one of the filipinas.  

Now one week later, he is deep in love.   I can't convince him otherwise.  

My current plan is to just back off...  any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure no man can save another man from himself when the little head comes into play, But if you could get him to try another brand or diff cup of tea, it might make lightbulb go off for him.  lol.  Still, we all know there are good and bad ones, whether in the bar, the mall, the store, the church or the internet.  Without going into details on my situation as to how came to be , we are very happy, married and with a son 10 yrs later and she waited through hell and high water for me for 5 yrs, to include me "running off" to Iraq and A'shita'stan 2009-11, with short break between, and got married week before I flew to A'stan... before I got her to US.  And her family has been relatively low maintenance for most part.  Anyway, I wish your friend much luck as I had!

Edited by Nickleback99
shorten the quote...no need
  • Like 5

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

The thing that many do not consider is that the bar girl is a human, most do what they do to feed their kids and if you had no choice and your kids screamed in hunger what would you do ? So easy for us westerners to say that what they do is wrong.....

:thumbsup:

So True.   As the one Springsteen song lyric goes, "I found living proof."   And as the other fella said with friends happily married to Thais....   Yes, There Are a Lot of good, kind hearted loving girls in the third world

• Like 3

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:13 AM, bows00 said:

Time is the best cure for situations like this - the ugly truth eventually surfaced when my friend eventually realized her true colors.  Throughout the month, she was getting text messages from another foreigner - a guy from Australia who she was seeing before we met her that first night.  My friend eventually found out this mysterious Australian guy was returning to Manila and she requested to move on to greener pastures. 

My friend is once again dumped by a woman, and will return to the US broken hearted. 

He broke the number one rule when partying in these bars - "Don't Fall In Love!"

Now ya Really gotta be a good friend and get him back "in the game" asap!  There's a definite cure for what he's got, and it's not back home!  

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

......we are very happy, married and with a son 10 yrs later and she waited through hell and high water for me for 5 yrs, to include me "running off" to Iraq and A'shita'stan 2009-11, with short break between, and got married week before I flew to A'stan... before I got her to US.  And her family has been relatively low maintenance for most part.  Anyway, I wish your friend much luck as I had!

Right on Marine!  We need to share a "few" San Magoos" swapping sea stories about my hometown of PO City.

Semper Fi Gunny!  Respectfully Jake, a retired navy puke

• Like 3

Mr-T
Posted
Posted
On April 19, 2017 at 8:02 AM, frosty (chris) said:

The country is full of them, the dirty white ants that they are, never ever trust your good lady around one of those low life Aussie's, steal your woman and worst drink all your beer :7500: despicable people. Trump has a battle fleet close by, maybe they can use some practice, ask him to nuke Oz, problem solved:popcorn: Wouldn't trust an Aussie with my shoe lace.

Frosty i look on this another way. If one have a good woman she will not be stolen by another man. So she was not a good lady to begin with. Do not blame the Aussie for doing that. It is all up to the woman.

• Like 1