Fundraising for Patrice Jhannea Lyn Beronia (Leukemia)

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Got a request for help today to assist Patrice Jhannea Lyn Beronia which have Leukemia and is in the ICU of the Silliman Medical Center in Dumaguete.

The issue looks genuine to me.

The bill is too high for the family to shoulder the cost. (See the bill in the links above). The mother is Madelyn Beronia and can be contacted on 09262100051. Her sick child can be visited in room 433 on fourth floor.

According to some more infos I got, was a smaller part of the bill be paid by PhilHealth and by the goverment of Guihulnan City. But there are still more than 150k PHP needed to be getting paid. 

You can visit the child in the hospital and you can contact her mom for further questions.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

My late wife died of Hodgkins Disease. The medical bills were very big. My insurance paid a lot of it but it still left me with a very large debt. I had to take out a 2nd mortgage  on my home just in time before my wages were garnished. I survived holding 2 jobs for a long time. I had 3 sons to raise. 

There are so many types of cancer that no matter how careful one lives their life, some type of cancer can creep in. This is one reason why one should try to live a healthy life otherwise be ready to pay for it the hard way.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

is in the ICU of the Silliman Medical Center in Dumaguete.

:89: I was in ICU Yesterday, My MIL is there and I saw no child

Just saying

6 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Her sick child can be visited in room 433 on fourth floor.

Hmmmmmmmmmm ICU Rooms are lettered and  ABC

Not casting too much Doubt but when you say it "Looks Genuine" are you sure?

Sorry I am posting this but having been involved with ICU at SUMC since Sunday evening I can't see it :mellow: Is it a general cry for help but using it as an Emergency issue to get sympathy and obviously needed Cash

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

bill.jpg

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

bill.jpg  embarrased  man.jpg

JGF and Dr Shiva, I am not disputing that there is a sick Child but when we are told that the child is in ICU and I was there and saw non then one has to wonder, If I am wrong in saying this then I apologize but we all know how things can be

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am not disputing that there is a sick Child but when we are told that the child is in ICU and I was there and saw non then one has to wonder

embarrased  man.jpg Seems that there is/was and maybe more Confusion here. SUMC has 2 ICU Units. 1 Dedicated to Children and that is where I found this Very Poorly Young Lady. So apologies all round on this one for my mistrust.

With my MIL being around around the Corner in the Adult ICU and an ever escalating account looming, I can do nothing but if the situation had been Different I would have, seeing this poor mite, brought tears to my eyes, My own Mother Died of Leukemia but at that time, I did not realise the effects it had.

I Certainly hope things get better for the Little lady. I am not a Religious man at all but today I will say a little Prayer for her

Jack :angry: ( Angry with himself!)

• Like 5

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Jack to made it clear that there is really someone in need.

Was you able to help somewhat? At least we know now that this case is really genuine. 

We send a bit money to them but it is only a drop on a hot stone.

Edited by Dr. Shiva
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Was you able to help somewhat?

Not this time as I have a problem around the Corner, we will see what happens though :smile:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Done :thumbsup:

• Like 2