Why is it not considered rude to read over your shoulder?

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
On 31/03/2017 at 10:23 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

So many filipinas do this when in a relationship, some worse than others.  They will stick their face right in front of my phone or laptop to read everything I am typing or what is being said in reply.  Tonight I told my gf that it is considered rude to read over my shoulder and that I have the right to a little privacy when sending a text and whoever is replying may want ONLY me to read his message.  If it is something to share then I will gladly let her read it for a chuckle or to learn something.

I told her how it feels like I am being "monitored" to be sure I am not saying anything she would not approve of.  I told her I would not and could not do that to her as she writes in a language I do not understand and writes in slang that would not even translate if I plugged it into Google Translator.

So I tried to very calmly explain that I do not like it or want it and she stormed off upstairs with her phone to do her own little 'secret texting".

I think this is not going to last.  Its not about age gap, its about maturity and culture gap.  Time will tell.  Does anyone else have this problem and does it bother you?

For interests sake, I was merely texting a fellow expat about my blood sugar levels and there was no big secret that she could not read, but what if a buddy was texting me about having a problem with his wife?  Would he want to know my gf was reading over my shoulder?

I find it rude.  What say you all?

Dont care so many wankers cant pay a buck for a tele and do it and so tight buggers will steal ya paper for shit for a dollar use love cross words for some low life cant give a buck

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Guys, don't forget that we, as foreigners, are a prize to many women...  Even those we marry are afraid someone may try and steal us from them...  Thus the trading of our text messages...

As for reading our books..?  I have no idea...  :89:

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Speak for yourself. I'm a prize, period.

SNAFU
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, i am bob said:

Guys, don't forget that we, as foreigners, are a prize to many women...  Even those we marry are afraid someone may try and steal us from them...  

You might be on to something, bob. My wife and I have been happily together for ~35 years, and her gawking while I was online rarely occurred until we moved here in 2013, when her helicoptering became almost incessant. After awhile, she apparently read enough over my shoulder to satisfy herself that I had nothing to hide. Yeah, it was irritating short term, but subsided without a battle. Just weird, though.   

• Like 2