Why? does your Parking help insist on talking to others when helping you?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It seems pretty constant here that whether it is your Wife/Family members or the Parking man, just do not ensure, that they are actually helping you,

They either stand where you can't see them or take their eyes off the situation and talk to others :89: every little accident I have had has been because of this But you are the one driving is a normal answer YES! but with your help :Caught: well so & so was Ringing or I was just saying hello to so & so. Aghhhhhhhhhh! Is anything Ever their fault? and if that was not enough, Why must the Front passenger lean forward at Junctions and Block the Passenger side mirror. YEP! a little techy this Morning

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted

So Jack.  Are you saying you almost had another small finder bender?  Or like me, I bumped again,...with their help.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Why must the Front passenger lean forward at Junctions and Block the Passenger side mirror. YEP! a little techy this Morning

Oh Jack, this happens to me every time I go out the Sub Div gate, she either learns forward so I can't see the traffic or uses the side mirror to put her make up on :89: but much better than my 2 daughters that used to use the rear view mirror to apply the slap :mellow:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

So Jack.  Are you saying you almost had another small finder bender?  Or like me, I bumped again,...with their help.

I scraped the Underside if the Front fender on the Terrace Steps because I had to take a wider circle to avoid her Bike which I had asked her to park properly but she was too busy talking on the Phone and it was dark & raining, she was not at the Front of the car to say stop and reverse and go again. So yes, a very trivial mishap that should/could been avoided if attention to just the one thing done properly rather than 2 things done badly. Always rushing and getting Nowhere but in my bad Books :smile:

This Morning she said Hmmmmmmm next time :shades:

Edited by Jack Peterson
small correction
  • Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

For the Philippines I love a vehicle with a nimble turning radius. Sometimes with the low speeds I wished I had rear wheel steering like a fork lift. Adequate parking is sometimes hard to come by.

I have seen several near accidents caused by parking "help". I just ignore the help. If they are not standing in the road with their rear end on the line, I don't trust their judgment that it's time for me to enter the road.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife tends to use the "sound system" rather than the mirrors when backing up.  You know . . . that sound the car makes when you just backed into something. :boohoo:

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, robert k said:

For the Philippines I love a vehicle with a nimble turning radius. Sometimes with the low speeds I wished I had rear wheel steering like a fork lift. Adequate parking is sometimes hard to come by.

I have seen several near accidents caused by parking "help". I just ignore the help. If they are not standing in the road with their rear end on the line, I don't trust their judgment that it's time for me to enter the road.

If you back into a spot (doesn't work on angled parking) you do have 'rear wheel steering like a fork lift', makes leaving much easier too. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

If you back into a spot (doesn't work on angled parking) you do have 'rear wheel steering like a fork lift', makes leaving much easier too. 

Hmmmmmmmmmm :hystery: There lies another story, Reversing into a spot on the road would require two inattentive helpers here, one front and one rear. Now if we can't trust one to help we have no chance of trusting 2 + Traffic will still try and squeeze bye :89: 

This thing of mine happened in my garden where because of the amount of Glass I have, I have to turn off the Headlights or i get dazzled.

My Wonderful Will now understands as I had had her sat in the car where it happened and she can now see how important it was at that time to have her helping me. But...........:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

:hystery: She has just gone out on her bike and has run over the metal Dustpan cos she never moved it. When she comes back from the Hospital she will say no not me, I don't have accidents :shades:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Have you ever had to wait 3 minutes at Robinson's mall for someone who is really bad at backing into a space to get it right on the 7th try? I think they blew it by not having slant parking spaces and others I talked to agree, in fact, they brought it up to me.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, robert k said:

Robinson's mall

Has anyone had real success at reversing into a space in the Dim Parking Garage at Lee Plaza in Dumaguete ?