36 months ?

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

Looking every place for a year extension all you extend every 6 months till 36 months but got me buggered like came on 21st nov 2016 then extend 29 days then a 6 month extension till 19th july.so if i extend another 5 × 6months that gives me 38 months or last extension is 4 months .am i missing something bi website is most understanding 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jackdan67 said:

last extension is 4 months

They will tell you that you can't do a 6 month extension when you get to that stage but do 2 x normal 2 month extensions.

• Like 1

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
On 31/03/2017 at 1:34 AM, Reboot said:

Great pictures amigo!

2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

They will tell you that you can't do a 6 month extension when you get to that stage but do 2 x normal 2 month extensions.

So when or if i get to 32 months just 2x 2 months .raining here thanks Jack looking every where. Jack have read can extend for 12 months is that a better option .

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

So when or if i get to 32 months just 2x 2 months .raining here thanks Jack looking every where. Jack have read can extend for 12 months is that a better option .

Just a silly question Jack if bi give you the 36 why not first extension 6 months then 5 more after makes 36 right 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Asking "why not" at BI will get you a blank look in response.  They are stingy with the 6 month extensions so you may find that you can only get 2 or 3 or them and then they start making you come in every 2 months and then in the final 2 months they won't even let you renew unless you can show the plane ticket out before the 36 months is up.  Each office and BI officer is a bit different so just go with the flow or you will give yourself HUGE stress.

Edit:  While the lawmakers may want us here, each individual BI officer may not.  I have had a BI official give me a lecture (only once) that this is supposed to be for tourists only and not for people living here full time.  I gave him a BS response about trying to decide whether my gf and I would get married and get a 13a or move to another country so until then I was just following the tourist laws.  He grunted and accepted my response and stamped my passport.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

Just a silly question Jack if bi give you the 36 why not first extension 6 months then 5 more after makes 36 right 

Not that silly a question at all but that would be too easy and logical But...............:571c66d400c8c_1(103):where the BI are concerned nothing is logical, I might add that there is some confusion for newcomers on this, the First stamp on entry is for 30 days, followed by a visa waiver for 29 days Then your extensions start but you have already been in the country 59/60 days and that is 2 months to them, so your Extensions don't really Start until the 3rd Month so you only have 34 months left before a visa Run. YEP! it is confusing but it is what it is I am afraid :smile:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jackdan67 said:

Looking every place for a year extension all you extend every 6 months till 36 months but got me buggered like came on 21st nov 2016 then extend 29 days then a 6 month extension till 19th july.so if i extend another 5 × 6months that gives me 38 months or last extension is 4 months .am i missing something bi website is most understanding 

Nope, you got it right, almost. You will go from last 6 month to 2 month and the maybe even 1 month depending on how the dates work out and the BI official you see. Less stress not pushing the full 36 month duration but it can be done (last extension or two BI may want to see your exit ticket before letting you nudge up to 36 months, rules can change...)

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Make it easy on yourself and just leave at 32 months. At least it isn't Thailand where you have to run for the border several times a year.

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Nope, you got it right, almost. You will go from last 6 month to 2 month and the maybe even 1 month depending on how the dates work out and the BI official you see. Less stress not pushing the full 36 month duration but it can be done (last extension or two BI may want to see your exit ticket before letting you nudge up to 36 months, rules can 

Sounds not even worth the last couple extensions against a return ticket somewhere ...pretty sure i got a return to hongkong like 120 bucks didnt know then they changed from 21 to 30 days 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jackdan67 said:

Sounds not even worth the last couple extensions against a return ticket somewhere

Ah but there is the thing you will need the last couple of extensions so you can get you ECC as you will need one to leave, if you  don't keep that Passport bang up to date you will be an overstayer and refused the ECC