36 months ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

refused the ECC

Exit Clearance Certificate everyone staying over 6 months has to have one on the 2nd Extension they will stamp your passport to tell you this when you have to apply for your ACI card as we say nothing but nothing is easy here

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Exit Clearance Certificate everyone staying over 6 months has to have one on the 2nd Extension they will stamp your passport to tell you this when you have to apply for your ACI card as we say nothing but nothing is easy here

That works until you go over 12 months, then you need to apply at one of the BI main offices within 30 days of departure for an ECC. 

• Like 2

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Calboyog bi just gave me a second gold sticker no stamp about ecc first i heard of ecc was from you jack .well they where asleep mybe not fully awake at the time .

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jackdan67 said:

Just a silly question Jack if bi give you the 36 why not first extension 6 months then 5 more after makes 36 right 

It is just the way the math works out. You get your first 30 days for free on arrival. I suppose you could pay for a 5 month extension first, then it would even 6 months increments after that... but no real reason to. 

I knew about the ECC but they never told me at immigration about it. After I got my ECC and was preparing to leave, I found a large stamp in my passport telling me I would need one... but it was way in the back on the last page.  Looks like they just stamped a random page, and never mentioned it.  Glad I knew about it. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

It is just the way the math works out. You get your first 30 days for free on arrival. I suppose you could pay for a 5 month extension first, then it would even 6 months increments after that... but no real reason to. 

I knew about the ECC but they never told me at immigration about it. After I got my ECC and was preparing to leave, I found a large stamp in my passport telling me I would need one... but it was way in the back on the last page.  Looks like they just stamped a random page, and never mentioned it.  Glad I knew about it. :tiphat:

Tim just looked in my passport wala.is it true dont need a cert of no marriage from my embassey thats what the dudes in bi office told if im here more than 6 months .

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

You get your first 30 days for free on arrival.

But do we really?  The way the math works out, on average, a 2 month extension is most often in the neighborhood of 3,000 pesos.  And yet you get the first 30 days "free" and pay about 3,000 pesos for the next 29 days?  Methinks they are just playing with numbers and it really is only free if you actually leave the country within the first 30 days.  Such is my opinion.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jackdan67 said:

Calboyog bi just gave me a second gold sticker no stamp about ecc first i heard of ecc was from you jack .well they where asleep mybe not fully awake at the time .

FYI http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/news/press-release/109-april2015-pr/772-foreign-nationals-should-secure-ecc-before-leaving-bi

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jackdan67 said:

Tim just looked in my passport wala.is it true dont need a cert of no marriage from my embassey thats what the dudes in bi office told if im here more than 6 months .

Not sure why you are talking about a certificate of no marriage when it comes to immigration? You only need that to get married and no matter how long you are here.

• Like 2

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure why you are talking about a certificate of no marriage when it comes to immigration? You only need that to get married and no matter how long you are here.

Just asking as bi calbayog the bloke i asked about cert of no marriage he said i only need nbi clearance.the check list he gave has nothing about it on it either ..

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

Just asking as bi calbayog the bloke i asked about cert of no marriage he said i only need nbi clearance.the check list he gave has nothing about it on it either ..

This is my point. The BI does not deal in marriages nor does it have anything to do with them.

• Like 1