36 months ?

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is my point. The BI does not deal in marriages nor does it have anything to do with them.

So i dont apply at a bi office for a 13a visa ? they dont give out requirements for the visa  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

they dont give out requirements for the visa

From the horror stories I have heard, you apply there AFTER you have fulfilled all the requirements.  If you go there for info on what you need you may get quite the run around as its extra work for them to 'educate' you.  Lots of blogs out there on how to do it.  Some of our members just used a lawyer to avoid some of the bureaucracy.  Others avoid it entirely by leaving the country (with their wife) on an annual vacation and coming back for another free BB year.

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

From the horror stories I have heard, you apply there AFTER you have fulfilled all the requirements.  If you go there for info on what you need you may get quite the run around as its extra work for them to 'educate' you.  Lots of blogs out there on how to do it.  Some of our members just used a lawyer to avoid some of the bureaucracy.  Others avoid it entirely by leaving the country (with their wife) on an annual vacation and coming back for another free BB year.

The 13A is quite easy to get and no lawyer is needed to get it unless you like throwing your money away. All requirements are on the BI Visa page. Policy hasn't been changed for over a year. Do not follow the blogs, they are all outdated.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

The 13A is quite easy to get and no lawyer is needed to get it unless you like throwing your money away.

Very True if you live on Ceb at the City end or Manila but when you are on Negros or other islands with no main BI office that can process it it can be so very time consuming and costly, Many have said at the end if the Day the Figure paid by those that choose the Agent/Lawyer route have saved Time and Money by Doing it, given that it is a two year thing I personally was not that much out of Pocket

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jackdan67 said:

So i dont apply at a bi office for a 13a visa ? they dont give out requirements for the visa  

Yes you do but you mention certificate of no marriage. If you're not married you can not get a 13a:thumbsup: Here is the requirements, http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/non-quota-visa/conversion-to-non-quota-immigrant-visa-by-marriage

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/18Dec2015/BI FORM V-I-002-Rev 1.1.pdf

• Like 2

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thanks Jolly i know i gotta b married first srry just the girls 4 months pregnant and its a nightmare worst morning sickness and shes acting like a pork chop .mate if i look at any more blogs ggoogle.just gonna do what any flipino does wala..You get told so many different things like only could get 13a in manila cebu davao .far as found out in Tacloban can do it like my extensions thought i had to go far and calbayog does it ..anyways the sis inlaw seeing the judge here i think well half the town is related to each other.the simple life aint so simple sometimes . 

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

Thanks Jolly i know i gotta b married first srry just the girls 4 months pregnant and its a nightmare worst morning sickness and shes acting like a pork chop .mate if i look at any more blogs ggoogle.just gonna do what any flipino does wala..You get told so many different things like only could get 13a in manila cebu davao .far as found out in Tacloban can do it like my extensions thought i had to go far and calbayog does it ..anyways the sis inlaw seeing the judge here i think well half the town is related to each other.the simple life aint so simple sometimes . 

Welcome to the Philippines Jack, unfortunately we are not Filipinos and wala is for the birds. Keep reading, it may do your head in but you, I and others gain and give info within expat sites. BI info is often sketchy at times, (certainly does my head in until I digest) best to talk with those doing the same thing.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

The 13A is quite easy to get and no lawyer is needed to get it unless you like throwing your money away. All requirements are on the BI Visa page. Policy hasn't been changed for over a year. Do not follow the blogs, they are all outdated.

I paid a lawyer to get my 13a probationary.I only had to attend Cebu BI once,this saved on the travel expenses and taking our 4 year old all that way up there however many times they want you to visit.

I think it was money well spent. 

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2017 at 3:19 PM, Jack Peterson said:

...Many have said at the end if the Day the Figure paid by those that choose the Agent/Lawyer route have saved Time and Money by Doing it, given that it is a two year thing I personally was not that much out of Pocket

3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I paid a lawyer to get my 13a probationary.I only had to attend Cebu BI once,this saved on the travel expenses and taking our 4 year old all that way up there however many times they want you to visit. I think it was money well spent. 

Who did you guys use and how much was it? I was thinking of going the once a year trip Balikbayan route but just like not wearing a watch, I don't want to have to keep an eye on the calendar and "have" to go by a certain date...

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

On 4/2/2017 at 3:19 PM, Jack Peterson said:

...Many have said at the end if the Day the Figure paid by those that choose the Agent/Lawyer route have saved Time and Money by Doing it, given that it is a two year thing I personally was not that much out of Pocket

4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I paid a lawyer to get my 13a probationary.I only had to attend Cebu BI once,this saved on the travel expenses and taking our 4 year old all that way up there however many times they want you to visit. I think it was money well spent. 

Who did you guys use and how much was it?

atty.cee546@yahoo.com  50.000peso

Attorney Cecille mancao.

GF Orchard Hotel & suites,

AC Fortuna Street.

CEBU 

• Like 1