Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

atty.cee546@yahoo.com  50.000peso

Attorney Cecille mancao.

GF Orchard Hotel & suites,

AC Fortuna Street.

CEBU 

Was that p50k fee or total (inclusive of fee + probation + permanent)? If total then p25,000+/- fee to avoid a few trips and a few nights hotel and more than a few hours of aggravation seems quite reasonable.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Was that p50k fee or total (inclusive of fee + probation + permanent)?

No mate, that is per year for the 2 years. I paid 98.000 for the 2 years but you have to remember you only go to cebu once for the Bio's, this Lady does everything else, apart from paying for the courier it is all in I worked it out that over the 6 year period 1 prob and then 5 permanent you will save over over 90+.000 on extensions and such new. ACR in 5 years and just the 310 per year reporting

Contact her and she what she says, there are many that will say no, it is easy to get the 13a but :89: you will find that going on your own is having to provide more stuff than is actually necessary and cut down on Travel Overnights That are connected to being her on Negros

She is Good mate. She is an Interviewer for the BI so she is well versed

BTW I will PM you her phone number OK? She is in Mandaue actually, not far from "J" mall

Jack:thumbsup:

Morning All:morning1:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No mate, that is per year for the 2 years. I paid 98.000 for the 2 years but you have to remember you only go to cebu once for the Bio's, this Lady does everything else, apart from paying for the courier it is all in I worked it out that over the 6 year period 1 prob and then 5 permanent you will save over over 90+.000 on extensions and such new. ACR in 5 years and just the 310 per year reporting

Contact her and she what she says, there are many that will say no, it is easy to get the 13a but :89: you will find that going on your own is having to provide more stuff than is actually necessary and cut down on Travel Overnights That are connected to being her on Negros

She is Good mate. She is an Interviewer for the BI so she is well versed

BTW I will PM you her phone number OK? She is in Mandaue actually, not far from "J" mall

Jack:thumbsup:

Morning All:morning1:

Thanks for the info, I saw your PM also. I am going to have to make a spreadsheet to calculate all this stuff. Visitor Visa extensions vs 13A vs Balikbayan vs SRRV with annual reporting fees, travel tax, ECCs, and how often I think we will be leaving the country anyway. Yeesh... sounds like work!

1st problem, what time to start... (I sold my watch years ago LOL)

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Thanks for the info, I saw your PM also. I am going to have to make a spreadsheet to calculate all this stuff. Visitor Visa extensions vs 13A vs Balikbayan vs SRRV with annual reporting fees, travel tax, ECCs, and how often I think we will be leaving the country anyway. Yeesh... sounds like work!

1st problem, what time to start... (I sold my watch years ago LOL)

How do you set a price on the BB travel? I mean unless you have no use at all for traveling? I would enjoy going some place once a year. Maybe HK once a year for a gadget run if nothing else? Any time it doesn't fit my schedule I could just convert to tourist visa until I am ready. It's not all or nothing.:smile:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

How do you set a price on the BB travel? I mean unless you have no use at all for traveling? I would enjoy going some place once a year. Maybe HK once a year for a gadget run if nothing else? Any time it doesn't fit my schedule I could just convert to tourist visa until I am ready. It's not all or nothing.:smile:

That is why I haven't just whipped up a spreadsheet already, starts out as a few options but then adds a zillion scenarios. Like, how often will a vacation not fit the 12 month schedule? Once every 5 years? every year? every other year? Then how long past 12 months? One? Three? How do you convert multiple guesses to an annual cost? p3,000 p8,000

It is a bitch being detail oriented, production management, finance and accounting guy. :bonk:

I don't have a problem making a decision but many like me get frozen in analysis paralysis. It is a question I know I need to answer but not impactful enough to demand a lot of my attention. Reading about it in threads like this does get me thinking about it though.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

That is why I haven't just whipped up a spreadsheet already, starts out as a few options but then adds a zillion scenarios. Like, how often will a vacation not fit the 12 month schedule? Once every 5 years? every year? every other year? Then how long past 12 months? One? Three? How do you convert multiple guesses to an annual cost? p3,000 p8,000

It is a bitch being detail oriented, production management, finance and accounting guy. :bonk:

I don't have a problem making a decision but many like me get frozen in analysis paralysis. It is a question I know I need to answer but not impactful enough to demand a lot of my attention. Reading about it in threads like this does get me thinking about it though.

Converting to tourist visa may be incentive to go ahead and travel but not a bank breaker I would presume. The value of the BB to me is that you are off the menu. No reporting, they don't care if you move. The trip paid for your year in advance, so to speak. I'm hopeful that where I settle next the 6 month LSVV will be available which is almost as good. In most cases I'm sure a 13A works out fine but I know at least three people for whom it did not, Jack P's problems, and another person who moved and didn't tell them for years and had large fines and much worry and a guy who had a youtube channel who missed some kind of requirement and had big problems. To me, the less contact with government is the best choice possible. The 3 mentioned above always acted in good faith, and yet they came to grief...because they were interacting with government. I have nothing to hide, nothing to fear...except some technicality unguessed. That last goes for anywhere but doubly so in the Philippines. I think Intrepid was a genius for getting the 13A before arrival, no probationary period. All hammered out before.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The BB route is fine for now But and there is always a but What are you going to do if they remove the relaxed issue of the spouse must have been out of the PI for 1 year or more? we know that the BI can change it's mood at any Time

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

The BB route is fine for now But and there is always a but What are you going to do if they remove the relaxed issue of the spouse must have been out of the PI for 1 year or more? we know that the BI can change it's mood at any Time

Well Jack, I guess you could start your 13A then? Jack, I like a logic tree with plenty of branches so if one fails I can immediately take another and I pick the one with the least potential damage. I generally have a backup for the backup. We all calculate the risks vs the benefit? I don't fly on single engine planes over large bodies of water.:thumbsup: Life is like boxing in a way. The ref tells you to protect yourself at all times because taking a point off the other guys score is not the same as not getting hit.:smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, robert k said:

Well Jack, I guess you could start your 13A then? Jack,

Can I presume you mean the Other Jack? I have regained my 13a 2 years ago after I lost it due to not being in the PI to do my Annual Reporting in 2009/10 something they do NOT tell you when you obtain the 13a in your own Country, You have to be physically here to do that. OH! your wife can do it for you but she has to have your passport and ACI card and of course that/they would be with you wherever you are :mellow: Life gets some funny twist and turns I will agree.:whistling:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Can I presume you mean the Other Jack? I have regained my 13a 2 years ago after I lost it due to not being in the PI to do my Annual Reporting in 2009/10 something they do NOT tell you when you obtain the 13a in your own Country, You have to be physically here to do that. OH! your wife can do it for you but she has to have your passport and ACI card and of course that/they would be with you wherever you are :mellow: Life gets some funny twist and turns I will agree.:whistling:

Jack, did you not read what I quoted? My reply was in answer to your quoted post about what one does if the BB rules were strictly enforced.

By "then" I meant at that time. Not that you didn't have a 13A.

You make my point for me about contact with the government when you say, "something they do NOT tell you".

• Like 1