36 months ?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Converting to tourist visa may be incentive to go ahead and travel but not a bank breaker I would presume. The value of the BB to me is that you are off the menu. No reporting, they don't care if you move. The trip paid for your year in advance, so to speak. I'm hopeful that where I settle next the 6 month LSVV will be available which is almost as good. In most cases I'm sure a 13A works out fine but I know at least three people for whom it did not, Jack P's problems, and another person who moved and didn't tell them for years and had large fines and much worry and a guy who had a youtube channel who missed some kind of requirement and had big problems. To me, the less contact with government is the best choice possible. The 3 mentioned above always acted in good faith, and yet they came to grief...because they were interacting with government. I have nothing to hide, nothing to fear...except some technicality unguessed. That last goes for anywhere but doubly so in the Philippines. I think Intrepid was a genius for getting the 13A before arrival, no probationary period. All hammered out before.

I also qualify the the Courtesy SRRV (the cheap version) so I have no shortage of possibilities. Which is best for what I will be doing is the question, gotta figure out just what the heck it is I will be doing first though, yeesh.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

You make my point for me about contact with the government when you say, "something they do NOT tell you".

Not a lot you can do about non Contact. Seems everyday there is a need somewhere Mine Today was that damn LTO again :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The one big advantage of getting a 13A or SRRV is that you get a one time shot at shipping a bunch of your stuff to the Philippines without having to pay any customs fees. As I recall this is up to a total value of $7000 USD.

• Like 2

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted
On 02/04/2017 at 5:01 PM, bigpearl said:

Welcome to the Philippines Jack, unfortunately we are not Filipinos and wala is for the birds. Keep reading, it may do your head in but you, I and others gain and give info within expat sites. BI info is often sketchy at times, (certainly does my head in until I digest) best to talk with those doing the same thing.

Cheers, Steve.

Dont care at all met a kano today in tacloban a white guy later i said to gf if i was a aussie living here i say mate just come back my bahay ..