Electric Shaver; Pre-Shave lotion

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have given up Wet shaving now that my supply of the only decent razor I could find has been out of stock for 3 months, I know we have covered much on Shaving in other Topics but the one thing we never discussed was the issue I have now, I have not used an Electric Shaver for many years and I have somewhat tender/sensitive skin  so I used to use "Gillette" Pre Shave and Yes! "Old Spice" Aftershave. now I am not too bothered about the Old Spice but I bought what I think will be a Durable Shaver (2 headed) took me 7 or 8 mins to select and Purchase but spent the next 4.5 hours scouring the City (Dumaguete) for Pre Shave. Nope! Non and not a lot of help either for locating any.

My Question is, has anyone seen Pre shave on sale anywhere?

Preshave lotion.jpeg

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I run a Braun on my thick facial hair and I do it dry.

Gator
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, intrepid said:

When all else fails you could try making your own.  Maybe make it a business.

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2014/02/make-your-own-pre-shave-oil-for-sensitive-skin.html

Interesting blog post, but I think the potion is designed for use with a regular razor and not an electric type. Oil is what an electric preshave lotion/gel is designed to eleiminate/reduce. 

11 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I have given up Wet shaving now that my supply of the only decent razor I could find has been out of stock for 3 months, I know we have covered much on Shaving in other Topics but the one thing we never discussed was the issue I have now, I have not used an Electric Shaver for many years and I have somewhat tender/sensitive skin  so I used to use "Gillette" Pre Shave and Yes! "Old Spice" Aftershave. now I am not too bothered about the Old Spice but I bought what I think will be a Durable Shaver (2 headed) took me 7 or 8 mins to select and Purchase but spent the next 4.5 hours scouring the City (Dumaguete) for Pre Shave. Nope! Non and not a lot of help either for locating any.

My Question is, has anyone seen Pre shave on sale anywhere?

Depending how sensitive your skin is, you could try using rubbing alcohol or something like Purel hand sanitizer. But it might be advisable to also use some type of moisturizer after your done as alcohol could dry out your skin. 

Found this article interesting: http://shavercheck.com/electric-pre-shave/

Another option might be to order your preshave or even your old type razors online.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Dollar shave club.........Henry's...........Gillette has a new mail also.

find some on the way and have 6mo-1yr supply brought,  takes very little room

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Try Lazada.com.  They have pre shave, but not Gillette.  They also have a large selection of blades and razors so maybe they have the stock you want.

• Like 1