Meet up

littlemama
Posted
Posted

Need to hang out with some non-natives.  Who's game?

• Jollygoodfellow unlocked this topic
  • Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

As this is your first post, and you claim to be a female seeking to "hang out" with non-natives . . . I will be very surprised if you get any takers.  To be blunt, your post does not lend one to believe all is on the up and up.  Members of this forum are a rather cautious bunch and you message will, in my opinion, raise a lot of flags.  :89:

• Like 1

littlemama
Posted
Posted

hey mike. well thanks for the feedback.  if i need to be more specific i can.  im here on a 3 month contract. i work in a bpo.  all my coworkers are young and poor and im tired of hanging out with 20 year olds and having to pay for everything so i figured finding some expats to hang out with (i.e. non natives) would be an alternative.  i dont see why it's fishy.  i'm here from the states until may 1.  

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, your explanation should help in getting a positive response to your original post.  Other than feeling like "prey" to your fellow workers, are you enjoying your stay?  Is this your first visit?

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, milaortiz30 said:

hey mike. well thanks for the feedback.  if i need to be more specific i can.  im here on a 3 month contract. i work in a bpo.  all my coworkers are young and poor and im tired of hanging out with 20 year olds and having to pay for everything so i figured finding some expats to hang out with (i.e. non natives) would be an alternative.  i dont see why it's fishy.  i'm here from the states until may 1.  

Welcome to the forum. We're a friendly bunch just as has been said previously we can be a bit cautious some call it experienced :whistling: You're picking up on one of the issues so hopefully you understand where we come from.

I don't know Cebu as I'm in the Manila area but I'm sure there's regular haunts where you'll see a lot of Ex Pats hanging around. I fully appreciate your wish to mix with people from back home. Sometimes I also need a reminder that there's like minded people out there.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, milaortiz30 said:

i dont see why it's fishy.

The most common scam we gents encounter in Philippines starts out as:  "Hi, I'm a girl who is here to meet guys" so any variation of that theme sounds fishy.  That said, I am taking your post at face value and I sent a private message. Did you see it?

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, milaortiz30 said:

i work in a bpo

Are you in the IT park ? 

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

:welcome11:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Welcome.jpg Enjoy our gang :thumbsup:

littlemama
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Welcome to the forum, your explanation should help in getting a positive response to your original post.  Other than feeling like "prey" to your fellow workers, are you enjoying your stay?  Is this your first visit?

i am enjoying it immensely.  other than that lol