3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are you in the IT park ? 

no, im on the wipro side of the world

Gator
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, milaortiz30 said:

no, im on the wipro side of the world

If I'm not mistaken that's close to Ayala? Try the "Social" resto (new wing, top floor) - in addition to tables they have a small bar area. Quite a few expats hang out there and it's easy to strike up a conversation. Not sure about the folks who hang out at Bo's coffee shop (terraces; second level) and druel at the all the pretty girls (and sometimes the lady boyz) passing by. Might want to avoid them (not saying all are bad, you'll learn to spot the sexpats). 

You can also try the "Time Out" sports bar. American owned, decent food and also a haunt for many Kano's. Small place, located on F. Ramos St. (kitty corner from the Diplomat Hotel).

Check with the American consulate too, they occasionally host social events. Although still a bit far off, they usually have a get together / BBQ for the 4th of July.

If you're into bowling then stop by the bowling alley inside of the SM mall (Mandaue, adjacent to the Radisson Blu hotel; top floor, west wing). There are some poreigner teams who regularly bowl there. The front desk should be able to tell you the days / evenings they meet (but remember this is the Phils and you might simply get shrugged shoulders as a reply, lol). 

Golfer? Cebu country club. Just up from Ayala on the way to IT park - right side a little past Crossroads Mall (smallish strip mall). You can rent clubs and may be able to team up with someone. 

Welcome to the board - hope you find what you seek . 

• Like 4

littlemama
Posted
Posted

thanks! that's awesome info.  I will try some of those.  I've been to the social before but I'm not really one to go up to people randomly so it's better for me to do it in a forum like this and meet up lol.  I'll try the american owned resto.  Thanks!

• Like 2

littlemama
Posted
Posted

i hear you. i have lots of good friends here.  it was just a bad experience recently. i love it here the people are awesome.  way better than the states.  my besh is filipina here.  

• Like 3

littlemama
Posted
Posted

sorry if it seemed offensive but it DID happen so I'm just being honest.  Doesn't mean I don't like the people here. on the contrary - i don't want to leave.

• Like 3

littlemama
Posted
Posted

brb imma change my username.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, littlemama said:

Doesn't mean I don't like the people here. on the contrary - i don't want to leave.

I hear you littlemama.  I told my brother and sister in the USA that the Philippines is now my home and this is where I will be spending whatever time I have left on earth.  The Philippines is not paradise by any stretch but I just love the people here and have no desire to go anywhere else. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

littlemama
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I hear you littlemama.  I told my brother and sister in the USA that the Philippines is now my home and this is where I will be spending whatever time I have left on earth.  The Philippines is not paradise by any stretch but I just love the people here and have no desire to go anywhere else. :thumbsup:

totally!  the people here are leaps and bounds nicer and more genuine than americans.  

• Like 2