Possible immigration delays.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I have read about this in the paper and just saw it on cnn Philippines. I even posted the question.

The express lane fee (as reported) was instituted to pay the overtime to reduse wait times. So will the express lane fee be revoked or will the money just be diverted?

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):I think I already know the answer

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Makes me glad that I usually fly to/from the Phils via Cebu. Guess if I was traveling from the metro Manila area I'd be looking for flights from Clark or even via Cebu to avoid the debacle at Ninoy Aquino. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Looks like "express lane fees" are going up.  They are just setting us up to accept it.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Looks like "express lane fees" are going up.  They are just setting us up to accept it.

Don't need set-up, what can one do but pay what they say,

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I will, of course, post my experience.

That reminds me of my recent (6 months ago) flight back from Vancouver, Canada.  There was a line about 45 minutes long just to reach the start of the security clearance area and another 20 minutes to go through security.  There was a security person keeping order to stop "queue jumping" and I mentioned to him: "Is is like this every day?"  He said "Yes sir, every day now the line ups are about this long".  I said:  "Wow, this is almost as bad as the airport at Manila".  He said:  "Worse, I've been to Manila and often the lineups here are worse!"

So enjoy your flight :-)

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Looks like a bit of back peddling. They must have realised how many people could replace them. http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/bi-refutes-claims-of-mass-leave-resignations-over-unpaid-overtime-work/ar-BBzvvUG?li=AA59GF&ocid=mailsignout

• Like 1