Asiana A350, Good Promo Fares

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Asiana Airlines is putting Airbus A350 s into service in the coming months.  It looks like a nice plane and is designed to compete with the B777 and B787.  They are advertising some promo fares and apparently will use the plane on the Manila-Seoul route, which is only a 4 hour flight.  So you can go on an A350 from Manila to U.S., etc.

They mention a promo fare Manila to U.S. of $600, but I don't know if that is all in.  They also mention an upgrade to premium economy for $60, which I would do.  If anyone is planning a trip, take a look!

http://ea.flyasiana.com/C/en/boardContents.do?menuId=004002001000000&menuType=BOARD&boardCode=BOARD_EVENT&eventSeq=6901&boardCmd=VIEW&trcode=email_201704_a350tomanila

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Asiana Airlines is putting Airbus A350 s into service in the coming months.  It looks like a nice plane and is designed to compete with the B777 and B787.  They are advertising some promo fares and apparently will use the plane on the Manila-Seoul route, which is only a 4 hour flight.  So you can go on an A350 from Manila to U.S., etc.

They mention a promo fare Manila to U.S. of $600, but I don't know if that is all in.  They also mention an upgrade to premium economy for $60, which I would do.  If anyone is planning a trip, take a look!

http://ea.flyasiana.com/C/en/boardContents.do?menuId=004002001000000&menuType=BOARD&boardCode=BOARD_EVENT&eventSeq=6901&boardCmd=VIEW&trcode=email_201704_a350tomanila

Not bad for a round trip ticket per person!

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

Not bad for a round trip ticket per person!

I have a round trip leaving tomorrow Manila-Beijing on Air China then United to Chicago then Saint Louis, be back on the 20th. $670 on Expedia all in.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

United to Chicago

This airline had an issue yesterday at Toronto with flight to Chicago. An American had a fake bomb in his check in. Maybe a dry run.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/04/07/us-man-arrested-for-fake-bomb-scare-at-pearson-in-court-for-bail-hearing

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I have a round trip leaving tomorrow Manila-Beijing on Air China then United to Chicago then Saint Louis, be back on the 20th. $670 on Expedia all in.

That's all good and dandy but can we talk about delays, stopovers etc because to me a cheap price usually means stuck in an airport many hours waiting the next part of the journey but I might be wrong. 

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Just saw an episode of MayDay where Asiana going to San Fran missed it by 100 feet short. Blame was pilot error being trained to let the plane go on auto and not to think for yourself.

I have been advised to avoid Beijing due to delays as the air force has priority and due to bad smog conditions. If you do fly there, allow plenty of time for your next connecting flight.

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jpbago said:

Just saw an episode of MayDay where Asiana going to San Fran missed it by 100 feet short. Blame was pilot error being trained to let the plane go on auto and not to think for yourself.

I have been advised to avoid Beijing due to delays as the air force has priority and due to bad smog conditions. If you do fly there, allow plenty of time for your next connecting flight.

Not only in Beijing, but across the whole of China delayed flights are the norm. The main problem is, as you say, the military. In China 85% of airspace is reserved for the military with only 15% available for civil aviation: in most Western countries it is the opposite. :56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

Edited by not so old china hand
  • Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That's all good and dandy but can we talk about delays, stopovers etc because to me a cheap price usually means stuck in an airport many hours waiting the next part of the journey but I might be wrong. 

The worst part is getting to Manila and back to Dumaguete. I leave from Manila tomorrow morning at 6:30am which means I have to go to Manila this afternoon. 12 hour layover. The rest of the trip isn't too bad. 5 hours in Beijing and 1 hour in Chicago. I made the Duma-Manila reservation separately, layovers were better ticketing round trip from Duma but started nearly double the price. So... for $600 I will deal with the long Manila layovers.

• Like 4