US Strikes in Syria

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Why the Navy’s Tomahawk missiles were the weapon of choice in strikes in Syria

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/04/06/why-the-navys-tomahawk-missiles-are-the-most-likely-option-for-a-strike-in-syria-against-assad/?utm_term=.8957745ce123

So Obama talked about striking Syria if they use chemical weapons.  Trump talks shite about nothing but takes action.  Wow.  This is a game changer.

Wonder what there plan for China, North Korea and Russia is.  Looks like we are not gonna know until the missiles hit.

EDIT:  Watching CNN the reporter says the US has proof that the chemical weapons came from a Syrian plane that took off from that airport and that is why that airport was hit.  Now what?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Watching CNN

CNN and Fox are so much different in their reporting. Mario Cuomo is so anti Trump that I switch to Fox when he is on. I only watch CNN at 8 PM when the international reporters are on.

I like Trump, Duterte, and the next prime minister of Canada, Kevin O'Leary.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

You've got to love the media and their biased reporting. I'm sure there's lots more going on with regards to Syria than the public are aware of, and I'm pretty sure it's got very little to do with the West being concerned about innocent civilians being killed, or they would be involved in a lot more countries than they are now. 

I wonder if it's got anything to do with a regime change to put a puppet in place in a strategic country. :whistling:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, robert k said:

Buy stock in Raytheon maybe? :smile:

It was up 2.65% yesterday. Money can be made in a crisis. When BP had that oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, I bought Clean Harbours Inc and then sold just before the leak was capped and bought BP and then sold it awhile later.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I,m surprised that the US and the rest of the UN have waited so long before now.

Putin has been pulling the strings far to long, hat's off to Trump.:tiphat:

\I guess all those rumours about Trump cosying up to Putin go out the window now!

• Like 5

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Kuya John said:

\I guess all those rumours about Trump cosying up to Putin go out the window now!

Guess again. The word is Trump told Putin about the strikes in advance and of course Putin told Assad, who moved out of that airbase.

Cite: http://www.salon.com/2017/04/07/donald-trump-whos-not-vladimir-putins-puppet-warned-russia-before-airstrikes-on-syria/

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I also reacted emotionally after seeing Syrian civilians choking to death from chemical attack(s).  Although I agree with Rump's action, the strike on that Syrian airfield was only a symbolic strike with no plan B in place.  There are no easy solutions in that whole region. Too many bad players to deal with -- Syria, Russia, Iran, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq, etc.  And it's been like that for ages. Sunnis vs Shiites, civil wars against dictators, which was started by the Arab Spring in northern Africa 2010.  And now, the civil war in Syria has cost hundreds of thousands of people (400K plus dead so far) to fight among themselves.  Those caught fighting against Assad, dictator of Syria are tortured to death or imprisoned on an industrial scale of torture chambers.  In the middle of this cluster puck, ISIS wants to create its' own Islamic state.

But we must keep an eye on NKorea at all times.  That situation in my opinion is a nightmare with images of nuclear mushrooms.  If the bubble explodes with either tens of thousands of conventional artillery shells or just one tactical nuke, DMZ and Seoul (less than 50 miles from the border) will vaporized within 30 minutes.  It only take that madman to get up one morning with a bad hairdo to get pissed off.  Of course, we will retaliate in kind and the whole region will be crawling with survivors, walking around like helpless zombies.  

Does anyone know the cost of a one way ticket to Mars?  

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Guess again. The word is Trump told Putin about the strikes in advance and of course Putin told Assad, who moved out of that airbase.

Cite: http://www.salon.com/2017/04/07/donald-trump-whos-not-vladimir-putins-puppet-warned-russia-before-airstrikes-on-syria/

This was done due to a mutual agreement made over a year ago to avoid potential "contact" between US and Russian forces. The facts clearly show that Assad's guys were warned.

• Like 4