US Strikes in Syria

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

However my opinion is changing, he certainly shown he has more ball's than Obama,  "who knows the truth"...just my two cent's

As long as he doesn't start world war three

US warships reportedly headed towards Korean peninsula
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/04/09/15/25/us-warships-reportedly-headed-towards-korea-peninsula#PeCRcxZdpFVutXOK.99

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jake said:

It only take that madman to get up one morning with a bad hairdo to get pissed off.  

I would have thought Kim Jong-un would be used to a bad hairdo :smile:

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jake said:

But we must keep an eye on NKorea at all times.  That situation in my opinion is a nightmare with images of nuclear mushrooms.  If the bubble explodes with either tens of thousands of conventional artillery shells or just one tactical nuke, DMZ and Seoul (less than 50 miles from the border) will vaporized within 30 minutes.  It only take that madman to get up one morning with a bad hairdo to get pissed off.  Of course, we will retaliate in kind and the whole region will be crawling with survivors, walking around like helpless zombies.  

I agree, N. Korea is the scariest situation.  I think everyone agrees that guy is nuttier than a fruitcake and it would be a disaster to let him have an effective nuclear weapon.

Someone, somehow, is going to have to take care of that situation eventually.  You can't keep playing their game where you give them a bunch of stuff and they promise to stop, then they just continue.

I hope that China will step up and do it in ways that could not be done by the west, either politically or militarily.  China could raise their standing in the world by taking care of a madman who is a threat to world peace.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I hope that China will step up and do it in ways that could not be done by the west, either politically or militarily.  China could raise their standing in the world by taking care of a madman who is a threat to world peace.

YET and BUT I have a Gut feeling they like what he does to take the spotlight of them & Russia for that matter, Anyone that plays chess knows that sometimes you do strange things to Advance.

JMHO

Edited by Jack Peterson
because I could
  • Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm a firm believer that even those in charge at times are having their chains pulled by those under them. Most countries realise that the President is usually in charge for 4 years or their about before getting replaced. The guys that do the intelligence and briefings etc are in for the long term and feed the boss what they want them to hear. I've seen intelligence information tweaked a few times to get the bosses ears.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried the humanitarian side on trump, then when it never worked pointed out that if there's a regime change in Syria the USA could put a puppet in charge and run a gas pipe line through the country, which will be great for America's economy and break the strangle hold Russia has on Europe's natural gas supplies.

As for North Korea I'm sure the leader is being allowed to live as a good distraction for other things going on in the World. He's got all his military etc so terrified that I'm sure if a guided missile took him out they'd all be happy.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

pointed out that if there's a regime change in Syria the USA could put a puppet in charge and run a gas pipe line through the country,

I think the days of easy regime change in the middle east are long gone and those in power know it, IMHO.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Kuya John said:

To be honest I thought Trump was wrongly chosen as the next President, purely based on media cover from here in UK.

Do you mean like with Steve Harvey in the 2016 Miss Universe pageant? Trump as the 1st runner up?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

About President Trump, lets keep this closer to topic please. President Trump called for the strikes but please keep on topic to the strikes not general Trump stuff. Thanks for understanding.... :thumbsup:  :popcorn:

Please understand I'm not calling anyone out just in general. :smile:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was just looking at pictures of the chemical weapons stored by revetments at the airport. I don't think it was rebels or ISIS storing the chemical weapons on Assad's airbase.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

I was just looking at pictures of the chemical weapons stored by revetments at the airport. I don't think it was rebels or ISIS storing the chemical weapons on Assad's airbase.

The problem is where the source of the photos came from. :89: I've seen a few media reports allegedly showing victims from the recent attack yet the same photos were from Ghouta in 2013. There's even videos going around of a Syrian who lost all his family including 10 month old twins. The issue I had was he tells different stories in different videos. In one he's told to go home and rushes home to find all his family dead. Another he leaves with his wife and twins but collapses, wakes up in hospital and rushes home to find his brother who had died in a previous video trying to rescue family members. I'd never underestimate the levels opposing factions go to gain sympathy. Google the White Helmets and propaganda. I was going to link a video from Swedish doctors for human rights to show how extreme the rebels are but it shows them using a baby for sympathy and it's horrendous. 

As for Trump authorising the air strikes it's done wonders for his standing not only in the USA but also the World stage. Let's just hope he doesn't get too cocky with it. There's a lot of other leaders out there with pretty big sticks that also have big egos. 

• Like 3