Authentic, Spicy BBQ Sauce Now Available for Delivery in the Philippines

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys and Gals,

For as long as I have lived in the Philippines, I have always been unable to find a commercially-available barbecue sauce that I really liked. To remedy that, I have always made my own, and my family and friends love it. Too much so, I guess, because people are always pestering me to make them a batch for parties, reunions or whatever other reason they can come up with.

This has gone on for more than a few years and it has reached a point to where I have just decided to bottle my sauce and offer it for sale. Thus, a few months ago, my wife and I started “Lil Jessie’s Kickass BBQ Sauce” - named after my daughter, of course.

hello_gateway_image.jpg

Response to our sauce has been very positive and sometimes it’s hard to keep up with demand. To help meet demand, I have transitioned from making my sauce as a hobby into creating a full-fledged business. We sell sauce in a few select outlets, at bazaars, in many sari-sari stores and online. Our sauce should be in local supermarkets relatively soon (I Hope! That’s more hoops than you would imagine.)

If you like really good barbecue, but don’t like the thin, watered down, soy-based sauce usually served here in the Philippines, then I invite you to try Lil’ Jessies Kickass BBQ Sauce. The sauce comes in three variants – Mild, Original and Hot!

Mild-390.pngOriginal-390.pngHot-390.png

Mild – Well, it’s is just that – not hot. But there is a slight kick that takes some very young children by surprise. Still, they have no problem eating anything covered with the sauce (i.e. rice, pizza, hot dogs, mac and cheese... you name it.)

Original – This one kicks things up a couple of notches and is not for everyone; it is rather spicy. I call it “Original” because it is the way I have always made the sauce for my family (and we all like spicy food.) If you don’t like it hot, then stick with Mild because Original does have a hefty kick!

Hot - Well, I like it (if that means anything.) But, it definitely “ain’t” for everyone. Still, if you like it hot, this is the one for you.

Lil’ Jessie’s Kickass BBQ Sauce is kind of a mix of styles. It has elements of Kansas City, Texas and Carolina styles to create something a little different than what you usually get and flavor that is definitely better than popular brands sold in major grocery stores (at least that’s what our customers are telling us.)

This is the Philippines, so the sauce is kind of sweet. The sweetness in the Original and Hot variants is not too overpowering, though, because the heat kind of compensates for it. For me, though, the Mild is a bit too sweet. Filipinos love the Mild version, but most expats seem to like the Original and Hot styles a lot more. Nevertheless, if you are accustomed to or like sauces like K.C. Masterpiece, Sweet Baby Rays or other ones that are similar, the sweetness in Lil’ Jessie’s Kickass Sauce will not be an issue at all.

Besides the heat and sweet, there is a little bit of a sour “twang” that enhances the taste – just as it should with good BBQ sauce. There are also hints of garlic, ginger, cumin and fruit to help balance things out. Finally, we cook the sauce really slow to give a deep color and richness. The “Low and Slow” process also makes the sauce thicker than most.

Admittedly, there are a ton of really good tasting barbecues sauces out there today, but not so many are available here in the Philippines. This is the primary reason – I believe – that the launch of our sauce has been so warmly received.

Lil’ Jessie’s Kickass BBQ Sauce not only tastes good, it’s made with really good stuff. We use top quality spices imported from the U.S. (it just doesn’t taste the same with the local spices.) Also, when you buy Lil’ Jessie’s Kickass BBQ Sauce, you’re getting a product that:

Contains no GMOs, HFCS, added preservatives, artificial flavors or artificial colorings. Lil’ Jessie’s Kickass BBQ Sauce is also dairy free, gluten free and made with all-natural, fresh ingredients with a minimum of salt and no processed sugars.

The Ingredients:

Tomato Puree, Banana Puree, Tomato Sauce, Apple Cider Vinegar, Whole Fruit Juices, Raw Brown Sugar, Molasses, Soy Sauce, Mustard Powder, Garlic (Dried), Onion (Dried), Dried Chili, Spices, Natural Flavor and Salt.

I encourage all members who love their BBQ to try our sauce. Ours is a sauce that I am proud of and one that I really do believe you’ll enjoy. If you make your own barbecue sauce, you know how much work it takes to really do it right (I am not talking about the simple “no-cook” recipes you see all over the Internet.) With our sauce, you can skip to the best parts – grilling and eating – without all the effort and fuss.

Since I have obtained so much valuable knowledge, advice and insight from this forum, I am offering a limited-time 30% discount to all members here. To avail of the discount just use the coupon code “phex30all” when checking out on our site at https://kickassbbqsauce.com. Alternatively, if you want to order on Facebook, just visit our page at https://www.facebook.com/kickassbbqsauce/ and shoot us a message there. We will adjust the pricing accordingly.

We offer Free Shipping anywhere in the Philippines with orders of ₱1000 or more. For Davao City customers, we offer free local delivery for orders of ₱500 or more. Otherwise, local delivery in Davao City is ₱60. Shipping Charges outside Davao are reasonable. We use JRS Express and can ship a few bottles (depending on size) anywhere in the Philippines for under ₱200.

Finally, if you join our mailing list, you can get two additional coupons that can be stacked with the members-only coupon above. One is for 20 percent off the total cart value and the second offers free shipping nationwide on orders over ₱500. Thank you for taking the time to review this post, and I hope to hear from some of you soon. If you have any comments or questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in a reply.

If you're interested in trying our sauce, you can order from our site: https://kickassbbqsauce.com or from our Facebook page.

Thanks to all and thanks to this forum.

Best Regards,

Jeff aka JeSsDaDdY

Edited by JeSsDaDdY
bad link
  • Like 3

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

This is really only applicable to those who live in Davao or the surrounding area. Nevertheless, I thought I would post it.

Lil' Jessie's Share a Pic Promo

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a great sauce JessDaddy! Best of luck with your business venture. We just got a new grill, so maybe I'll get around to ordering some soon.      Queenie

• Like 4

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Sounds like a great sauce JessDaddy! Best of luck with your business venture. We just got a new grill, so maybe I'll get around to ordering some soon.      Queenie

Thanks Queenie. It's an adventure; that's for sure. Whenever you're ready, just shoot me a PM. I will send you a coupon code. Or, you can use the ones in the post. Thanks again.

Jeff

• Like 4

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

My Lil' Jessie's coming soon, so...

BIRTHDAY_SALE.png

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted

Good luck for taking the step of setting up your new business. 

The hurdles you come across doing business  here in the Philippines will become easier with time.  

• Like 3

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gas said:

Good luck for taking the step of setting up your new business. 

The hurdles you come across doing business  here in the Philippines will become easier with time.  

Thanks for that. Very kind thing to say and I appreciate it. Yeah, it's not easy for sure, but then I knew what I was getting into when I started. I started a couple of businesses here years ago and they were a headache. So, I always swore I would never do it again. But this time around has been a lot more enjoyable and fulfilling. Honestly, the business is doing much better in Davao than I had imagined. Of course, there is always room for improvement.:SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

large.dcs013.jpg

Bacon-wrapped barbecue chicken. Made with Lil' Jessie's Kickass BBQ Sauce!

• Like 1

SNAFU
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Bacon-wrapped barbecue chicken. Made with Lil' Jessie's Kickass BBQ Sauce!

Mmm, I'll be right down, heh!  :th_thbarbaque: Reminds me of my old Brinkmann smoker. Good luck in your new gig and hope you make a fortune. 

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, SNAFU said:

Mmm, I'll be right down, heh!  :th_thbarbaque: Reminds me of my old Brinkmann smoker. Good luck in your new gig and hope you make a fortune. 

If you're ever down the Davao way, look me up will cook some more chicken and have a couple of brews!

Edited by JeSsDaDdY
grammar nazis

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic