Forum Meet Ups

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, i am bob said:

I actually died 6 months ago...  Once I get a real break I'll pay dead for a while...  I must have a spare 48 hours here somewhere...  :mocking:

How much is dead?:89:

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2017 at 4:19 AM, i am bob said:

I actually died 6 months ago...  Once I get a real break I'll pay dead for a while...  I must have a spare 48 hours here somewhere...  :mocking:

Here, you only have to worry about double dead.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2017 at 10:48 AM, jrlee183 said:

Morning all,

Clearly we have a great community here, which Tom has worked hard on building over the years.  I would really like to arrange some forum meet ups/gatherings around the country so we can all get to know each other a little better over a beer or two.  Obviously we are all spread across the country, but was thinking of arranging something in the following locations over the coming months: 

Manila (Makati probably, but open to suggestion)

Laguna

Angeles/Clark

Cebu

Dumaguete

Bacolod

Davao

Thats just an initial list and haven't deliberately missed anything so feel free to suggest other locations.  If we can gauge the level of interest we can try to arrange something. Also, feel free to suggest a suitable venue in each.  

Look forward to meeting some of you in person :smile:

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I will be moving to Bauang (San Fernando, La Union) end of July.  Once we are settled, I was going to try and get a gathering there.  At this stage, I am the only member I think when I get there.  There was another member Chris who was tragically killed in a cycle accident in February.  BigPearl  is moving there next February, but I was sort of going to try and see the Manager at the McDonalds  in San Fernando and see if we could put up a notice asking for westerners (there are plenty there) to join the forum and have a meet? Just a suggestion.

Edited by mogo51

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2017 at 3:02 AM, mogo51 said:

Hi Jamie,

I will be moving to Bauang (San Fernando, La Union) end of July.  Once we are settled, I was going to try and get a gathering there.  At this stage, I am the only member I think when I get there.  There was another member Chris who was tragically killed in a cycle accident in February.  BigPearl  is moving there next February, but I was sort of going to try and see the Manager at the McDonalds  in San Fernando and see if we could put up a notice asking for westerners (there are plenty there) to join the forum and have a meet? Just a suggestion.

Mogo,

Do the same at the VFW Hall in Bauang on MacArthur Highway. That VFW post used to be in Baguio but was moved to Bauang after the big Baguio earthquake in 1991.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, earthdome said:

Mogo,

Do the same at the VFW Hall in Bauang on MacArthur Highway. That VFW post used to be in Baguio but was moved to Bauang after the big Baguio earthquake in 1991.

Thanks Earthdome, I will type up an invitation and take it to the VFW Hall and see if I can put it up there as well.

• 4 months later...
Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2017 at 4:02 AM, mogo51 said:

Hi Jamie,

Hi Mogo

I belive you will find many local expats at Bali Hai Beach Resort 2501, Paringao, Bauang, La Union, Philippines. I go there once in a while from Candon City and there are many at the bar. 

• Like 1