General warning for the Central Visayas

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was told that in Bohol there are a lot of NPA, but in Bohol NPA means "Nice People Around".

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My wife is from Inabanga.  One brother is still there and she has a lot of friends still there.  They are reporting on FB that they can hear the gunshots so I guess they were not evacuated, but they are very scared.

My wife says Abu Sayyaf has never come there before.  Apparently they came looking for a soft target.  Apparently the word was out so the locals and police may have been on the lookout.

My wife says there have only been a few NPA around Bohol over the years and there has never been any serious problems with them.    Seems that they are all over the Philippines.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

My wife says there have only been a few NPA around Bohol over the years and there has never been any serious problems with them.    Seems that they are all over the Philippines.

Again it's not the NPA, its already said that Abu Sayyaf militants are the culprits. They may be after soft targets and I'm sure they would have been chosen prior to arriving but does this mean they are getting desperate now to move out of their normal environment. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, intrepid said:

I guess they would have to define fast

I would say pump boats are not slow, but not really fast.  I guess you could say they were "half fassed".  Did I spell that right? :whistling:

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I would say pump boats are no slow, but not really fast.  I guess you could say they were "half fassed".  Did I spell that right? :whistling:

It would appear they're maybe not the brightest terrorists as the boats they used are different to the local ones and that's what made them stick out in the first place. I think they're getting a bit of a spanking in Mindanao from the military now so no doubt this would be a diversionary tactic to show the President that they are capable of operating outside of their usual zones.

I was surprised to read that there are over 1,400 Filipinos working in Syria and the Government has issued a compulsory return order to them. If the workers are anything like some we've had in the UK that went to Syria you can put money on it that some of them will be using the excuse of working in Syria as a front to work alongside the rebels, and as such there's going to be a lot more potential terrorists returning to these shores. I'd give it six months and we'll be reading about more improvised explosive devices going off and more kidnappings all over the Philippines.

One positive maybe beach side properties will go down in price. :whistling: 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Again it's not the NPA, its already said that Abu Sayyaf militants are the culprits. They may be after soft targets and I'm sure they would have been chosen prior to arriving but does this mean they are getting desperate now to move out of their normal environment. 

My NPA closing comment was only because there had been several comments on Bohol+NPA.  Right above that I was talking about Abu Sayyaf.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Consider the source that suggested "pump boats".

Next, you will read that they came in row boats, fast ones.

Maybe even very fast rafts. 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

When they show up with the AKs and sharp bolos after a long pump boat trip, just invite them to a frosty glass of San Mig. Works every time.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Just invite them to a frosty glass of San Mig

You would not be the first to lose his head over a glass of beer. :571b119686cf7_1(72): Personally, I tend to take these warnings seriously, so instead of me travelling around I have my gf travelling to me :morning1:

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The latest reports say there were up to 60 Abu Sayyaf terrorists in the Bohol area. That's a lot of fire power. I was reading one report from the Tourism minister who quoted " It's back to normal in Bohol. " He's got a different idea of normal to me seeing as they've only killed 6 of them.

You can bet they won't be sailing off to Mindanao any time soon and a rescue party isn't likely to kick in knowing the area is swarming with Government troops. My money tells me they'll be holed up with sympathisers and a few hostages for safety won't go amiss. I might give the Bohol meet up a pass this time. :whistling:

• Like 1