Sextortion and bad journalism

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If you read this media article carefully you should laugh at what they allow to be published. Also why Delhi?   :89:

Man arrested in Delhi for 'sextortion' 

The Philippine National Police Anti-Cybercrime Group (PNP-ACG) on Tuesday arrested in an entrapment operation a man who allegedly extorted money from a 20-year old woman in exchange for keeping their private sex video. 
Suspect Edward de Vega, 26, was arrested Tuesday afternoon inside an apartelle in Riverside Village, Sta. Lucia, Pasig City. He allegedly threatened to upload a video of his private act with the woman in exchange for cash.
Police spokesperson Superintendent Jay ACG Guillermo said the victim, whose name was withheld due to the sensitivity of the case, the suspect had met online. They two eventually had a relationship. 

The suspect claimed that he had nude photos of the victim and threatened to upload them online. 
"In fear when women and to determine whether there is holding, he met the man," Guillermo said. 
The suspect then persuaded the victim to have sex with him and promised not to upload the photos in return. 
"They had a sexual activity which was recorded by the suspect," Guillermo said.
The blackmailing escalated and the suspect started asking for money. 
"Seven times he gave the woman money, not just to spread the video. Investigates and range of P2,000 everytime he asking the man, more or less P15 to 20 thousand," Guillermo said. 

The suspect then asked the victim to have sex with him again. This time, the victim sought help from the PNP-ACG, which set an entrapment operation.
"During the entrapment operation, asking again and then he would turn to meet with women for sexual activity. The good thing is she already reported and the PNP Cybercrime and we already assisted her," Guillermo added.
De Vega will be charged with Rape, Robbery Extortion and violation of the Anti-Photo and Video Voyeurism Act of 2009.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/ News / 04/11/17 / man-arrested-in-mercy-for-sextortion

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They lost me fairly quickly!  I'm going to assume the writer received one of the fake diplomas we were talking about.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I had to read it carefully a second time to determine if the victim was male or female.  After a third reading I have decided the victim was female but the police inspector thought the victim was male. :whistling:   

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What a train wreck. Not that I don't have room for improvement. :whistling:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2017 at 10:12 PM, jpbago said:

That is how my wife talks....she gets the he and she mixed up so I never know if it was Mr Jones or Mrs Jones in every story.

They all do and I think there is no he or she in the Filipino language ?

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

They all do and I think there is no he or she in the Filipino language ?

Sometimes there is not much difference between the he and the she in real life also.

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There is no gender differential in the language thus the confusion...  .

• Like 2